ICONICO

Discussion Thread

Clipstory

Message Thread

For WindowsClipstory

Clipstory iconClipboard with History, unlimited copy and paste right at your fingertips. Access text, images and files that you've copied at the touch of a button.

Posted in the Clipstory Forum.

Change default folder for saving/loading

When saving or loading clipstory history the default folder is always windows/system32. This is not very convenient as I would never want to store my clip history there.

Can I set a dafault folder to save/load clipstory hisory to/from?

Thanks
by Paul Churchley on Jun 4 2015 12:12pm Reply

The folder where Clipstory saves its data is:
C:\Users\[YOUR_USERNAME]\AppData\Roaming\Iconico\ClipboardParserUtility

For example on my Windows 7 32 bit system that folder is:
C:\Users\Constantin\AppData\Roaming\Iconico\ClipboardParserUtility

At the moment you cannot change the folder where Clipstory saves its clips data.

Clipstory does not save any data in the Windows/system32 folder.

by Constantin Florea on Jun 4 2015 12:28pm Reply

Then why when I press the load or save buttons does it open at windows/system32?

Should it not open at:
C:\Users\[YOUR_USERNAME]\AppData\Roaming\Iconico\ClipboardParserUtility
by Paul on Jun 4 2015 1:33pm Reply

I have checked this and noticed that the only situation in which the Load and Save buttons opened the windows/system32 folder is when I start the application from that folder (for example if I copy the shortcut of Clipstory in the windows/system32 folder and run it from there). It seems the Load and Save buttons open the folder where Clipstory is started from. For example, I always start my copy from the Desktop and in my case the Load and Save buttons always open the Desktop folder.
by Constantin Florea on Jun 4 2015 1:47pm Reply

Try running it using the start button application link. That is the normal way to open an application.

It doesn't matter... I have requested a refund. It is basically unusable for me. Sorry.
by Paul Churchley on Jun 4 2015 3:19pm Reply

Our Software Stores

IconicoAccurate Design and Development Software

BitsDuJourDiscount Deal Coupons for Windows and Mac Software Apps

Our Software Services

IcoBlogOur Official Blog

© copyright 2004-2024 Iconico, Inc. Code & Design. All Rights Reserved. Terms & Conditions Privacy Policy Terms of Use Login