ICONICO

Discussion Forum

Post Reply in SeaGreen

Post Reply To "Sea Green How do i do spam control"

I'm sorry - I'm not really clear on what you're asking here.

But before creating a form with SeaGreen, you have to give your database a name, a username and a password. SeaGreen takes care of the rest.

When you create a form in SeaGreen and publish it via the Publish step, SeaGreen expands the .sea package onto your server and creates the form (a .php file) and all supporting files (javascript, css, etc) at that time. It also uses the database information you provide to the program to create your database.

The most common problems encountered with this are:

1. The database information you entered into SeaGreen is incorrect. Most commonly people enter the wrong database host name (not always "localhost") or username/password combination.

2. The user you create for use with the database may not have the proper permissions to write to the database. Your ISP should have instructions on how to properly establish read/write permissions for your database user.

With regard to your second question - when you merge a SeaGreen form with an HTML file, your form is now a PHP file and can be found with the name that you gave that form in the SeaGreen publish step.

So if you create a stand-alone form called "contact" - it will be found on your website by the name "contact.php." If you merge that form with a file named "Contact_Us.htm" your form will still be called "contact.php" because that's what you named it in SeaGreen. At no time will a SeaGreen form have an .htm or .html extension. It will always be a PHP file.

Once you've merged your form with your HTML file, you still need to publish that form via the SeaGreen publish interface.

Subject

First Name

Last Name

Email Address for reply notifications (optional) - your email will not be visible

Re-enter the text shown in the image
Enter the text shown here below  

Your Message

Cancel

Our Software Stores

IconicoAccurate Design and Development Software

BitsDuJourDiscount Deal Coupons for Windows and Mac Software Apps

Our Software Services

SoftwareMarketingResourceYou Wrote the Code, Now How do you Sell it?

IcoBlogOur Official Blog

© copyright 2004-2020 Iconico, Inc. Code & Design. All Rights Reserved. Terms & Conditions Privacy Policy Terms of Use