ICONICO

Discussion Forum

Post Reply in Magnifier

Post Reply To "Mouse wheel to magnify"
Nico,

Nice to see your replies to my inqueries.  They do make sense, how ever the point I was attempting to get across (and actually what I am really seeking in a mouse wheel-magnifier app that will be compatible with most OEM mice, (especially 5-button varieties), is that when using the mouse wheel for the magnifier app. that it will behave as the Microsoft version magnifier does...in that the magnifier will open over the spot or position of the curser as located on the screen AND then the magnifier-window thus follows the cursor as one moves the cursor over the screen area; thus having a contigious effect magnifiing the immediate area the cursoe is pointing to.

Presently your magnifier-app. really works well most all aspects, with the only exeption being a functionality issue where the app. reopens with the push of the mouse-wheel (just perfect), BUT placing the magnifier wndow in a "fixed" placed where it was when last used, AND the only way to move it to the screen location where it is next or currently needed is to somehow get your cursor up to the title bar and do a left-click&drag to the desired location.  NOTE if for any reason the cursor should come off that title bar or leave the immediate area of the magnifier-window itself, the entire app. very quikly and automaticly reduces/minimizes itself to the task bar, then one has to go retrieve it and try all over again to effectively get the magnifier placed where needed.

The above as described, as happens during my attempt to use the app to any significant degree, results in a rather cumbersome and frustrating experience.  I end up hoping to find Microsoft series mouse with its asscociated drivers and magnifier app. where themagnifier actually follows movement of the cursor arounf the screen...I really do desire to distance my computer from as much MS stuff as I can, thus this message and request of you in updating this app.

Nico, your app is, again, really quite well done, but please include the capability of the magnifier-window to follow mouse movement around the screen...make it a "switchable" option in the settings or setup menues; that way users can have a choice in this type of functionality(that can be turned ON or OFF as desired or needed.  I willing to beta lot of usereswould find this added capability very helpful and useful.

Very sincerely offered,
Dennis
djmajkowski@ameritech.net

Subject

First Name

Last Name

Email Address for reply notifications (optional) - your email will not be visible

Re-enter the text shown in the image
Enter the text shown here below  

Your Message

Cancel

Our Software Stores

IconicoAccurate Design and Development Software

BitsDuJourDiscount Deal Coupons for Windows and Mac Software Apps

Our Software Services

SoftwareMarketingResourceYou Wrote the Code, Now How do you Sell it?

IcoBlogOur Official Blog

© copyright 2004-2020 Iconico, Inc. Code & Design. All Rights Reserved. Terms & Conditions Privacy Policy Terms of Use