ICONICO

Discussion Forum

Post Reply in ColorPic

Post Reply To "Help in naming colors"
I am not a web designer, but mainly use ColorPic to analyze pictures to determine exactly what colors are being used in paintings and so forth.   

A big issue for me is figuring out if the color I'm looking at has some kind of conventional name, or is a variant of a color with a conventional name.     Sometimes I'll say a color is something like "whitish-greyish orange-ish yellow", which is awkward.   

I wish ColorPic could show you the nearest conventionally named colors to the one you've picked.     In other words, I'm a bit surprised that if you select something Navy Blue in ColorPic, the term "Navy Blue" doesn't appear on the interface.

My current process is to get the color number using ColorPic, then paste it into encycolorpedia.com, which has a section called "Related Named Color".     This is helpful -- I can see if the color I've chosen is similar to a named color.     But often the color names used are so obscure as to be useless.     Examples: "NVIDIA", "ASDA", "eBay" are color names.    

I'd like to name a color in a meaningful way, rather than say, "It's a dark shade of eBay green."   

I wonder if ColorPic could also show named related colors, but use only conventional color names, such as those found on crayons.

However, even if Color pick could just imitate the "Related Named Color" section of encycolorpedia, it would be helpful.

Thanks,
Kurt B.

Subject

First Name

Last Name

Email Address for reply notifications (optional) - your email will not be visible

Re-enter the text shown in the image
Enter the text shown here below  

Your Message

Cancel

Our Software Stores

IconicoAccurate Design and Development Software

BitsDuJourDiscount Deal Coupons for Windows and Mac Software Apps

Our Software Services

SoftwareMarketingResourceYou Wrote the Code, Now How do you Sell it?

IcoBlogOur Official Blog

© copyright 2004-2020 Iconico, Inc. Code & Design. All Rights Reserved. Terms & Conditions Privacy Policy Terms of Use