ICONICO

Discussion Thread

UniToolbox

Message Thread

Developer ComponentFor WindowsUniToolbox

UniToolbox iconThe leading control suite for Unicode development in Visual Basic.

Posted in the UniToolbox Forum.

UniCombo onclick event fired when not clicked

We have incorporated a variety of Uni controls in our application with success, but we are having issues with the UniCombo control.

The user selects an item from the combo list, which causes certain other fields to change. After the change, if the user clicks on a non-Uni control (like a spin button), the onclick event for the UniCombo gets fired again. If the user clicks and enters data into a text box it does not fire the event.

Is there some way to prevent this incorrect behavior from happening? Or is this a known bug? It seems that others have had similar issues as this, but not identical.
by Jeanne Dixon on Dec 28 2009 3:31pm Reply

You are correct that the click event does get fired at this time. There are subtle differences to the UniCombo's event structure compared to the MS controls. This is a known bug and we consider it relativly minor, hopefully you will be able to code around any problems.
by Nico Westerdale on Dec 28 2009 4:42pm Reply

How do I force the mouse to think it clicked somewhere else? I am working in VB, and I can add code to force the mouse to think it clicked somewhere else (like a text box that won't cause another event to fire), but I am not sure how to do that. Any suggestions?
by Jeanne Dixon on Dec 29 2009 7:13am Reply

by Nico Westerdale on Jan 6 2010 3:18pm Reply

Our Software Stores

IconicoAccurate Design and Development Software

BitsDuJourDiscount Deal Coupons for Windows and Mac Software Apps

Our Software Services

IcoBlogOur Official Blog

© copyright 2004-2021 Iconico, Inc. Code & Design. All Rights Reserved. Terms & Conditions Privacy Policy Terms of Use Login