ICONICO

Discussion Thread

Screen Calipers

Message Thread

For WindowsScreen Calipers

Screen Calipers iconThe accurate way to measure on a screen, at any angle in pixels, inches or any unit.

Posted in the Screen Calipers Forum.

Calipers doesn't work on dual screen setups

Hi,

I'm trying the trial version with a dual screen setup using Windows XP. The main screen is 1024 x 768 and the second is 1280 x 1024 configured at point 1024, -384 of the first.

I can't used Calipers on the first screen. When I use the "Center screen" option, the Calipers are shown on the second screen centered but if I drag to the first screen nothing appears.

Is this a bug?
by Geroge Lamb on Dec 11 2004 11:25am Reply

I think this unfortunatly is a bug. I know that the latest version does work on a dual monitor setup, however your configuration must be causing errors. For now I suggest that you use version 2.2, which will not have the same error.

I'm sorry that you did not leave your email address, I have no way of contacting you to resolve this issue.
by Nico Westerdale on Dec 11 2004 2:48pm Reply

I'm seeing the same problem. I dragged the calipers to my second monitor and they disappeared. I then foolishly closed the caliper app from the task bar.

It looks like the last position is saved in the calipers.ini file. I changed the X and Y parameters to be on my main screen again and I can at least use it on one of my monitors.

The values were:
X=-806
Y=994

I'm running Windows Server 2003 with an NVIDIA GeForce FX 5700 Ultra. My main monitor that it shows up on is using the DVI interface while my second monitor it disappears on is using the analog monitor port. Let me know if you need more info.

-Reed
by Reed Rector on Dec 28 2004 4:17pm Reply

Thanks for the reply - I'll contact you offlist so we can resolve this.
by Nico Westerdale on Dec 28 2004 10:49pm Reply

You'll be happy to know that the forthcomming version 3.1 release of the Screen Calipers will fix these small bugs. It should be available soon - please join the mailing list to be notified.
by Nico Westerdale on Mar 11 2005 2:01am Reply

Hey,
I have installed Version 3.1 and use MATROX G400/G450 and I have same grafic problems.

David
by David on Apr 14 2005 7:09am Reply

Sorry you're having problems David. I've emailled you off-list a little utility that should help diagose the errors. If anyone else is having problems, or id dual screen works, please let me know.
by Nico Westerdale on Apr 16 2005 8:13pm Reply

Just to finnish up this thread, both versions 3.2 and 3.3 should function correctly on dual screens.
by Nico Westerdale on Jan 10 2006 10:46pm Reply

Our Software Stores

IconicoAccurate Design and Development Software

BitsDuJourDiscount Deal Coupons for Windows and Mac Software Apps

Our Software Services

IcoBlogOur Official Blog

© copyright 2004-2024 Iconico, Inc. Code & Design. All Rights Reserved. Terms & Conditions Privacy Policy Terms of Use Login