ICONICO

Discussion Thread

Data Extractor

Message Thread

For WindowsData Extractor

Data Extractor iconExtract any data, including email addresses and URLs from your files and webpages.

Posted in the Data Extractor Forum.

How To Avoid Harvesting Emails From Certain Domains?

I want Data Extractor to avoid harvesting emails from a certain domain. In other words, the software will harvest all emails except ones from this domain. Let's say the domain is abc.com. What would the rule be to do this? Thanks.
by Randy Macdonald on Mar 28 2010 4:11pm Reply

You can easily edit the rules on the second tab, if you want to create a rule to exclude domains then you can create a rule specifically for that.
by Nico Westerdale on Mar 31 2010 12:41am Reply

Clear as mud.  It seems unless you're a programmer you wouldn't know how to do this, and even then the syntax seems opaque.  What should the code be for this rule?
by Randy Macdonald on Mar 31 2010 8:35am Reply

Randy, yes it is a technical tool, there is help if you click the help button!
by Nico Westerdale on Mar 31 2010 9:35pm Reply

Hi Nico, I appreciate the help you've provided before in this forum before, and this is definitely a great piece of software, but I'm kind of in the dark about how to do this, even with the Help menu (which I've looked at).  I'd appreciate it if you could provide the string needed for this rule here.  I'm sure other Data Extractor users could benefit from knowing this info.  Thanks.
by Randy Macdonald on Mar 31 2010 10:08pm Reply

Our Software Stores

IconicoAccurate Design and Development Software

BitsDuJourDiscount Deal Coupons for Windows and Mac Software Apps

Our Software Services

IcoBlogOur Official Blog

© copyright 2004-2024 Iconico, Inc. Code & Design. All Rights Reserved. Terms & Conditions Privacy Policy Terms of Use Login