ICONICO

Discussion Thread

Screen Tracing Paper

Message Thread

For WindowsScreen Tracing Paper

Screen Tracing Paper iconTransparent blueprint software for your computer screen that allows you to trace and measure over any application.

Posted in the Screen Tracing Paper Forum.

Need ability to keep a tracing on top of any active window

It would be great if an outline captured by Screen TP would remain on top of whatever window is behind it, WHILE window or application remained active. As I try to use the outline to input a shape the active application below it become active, and the traced outline goes to the background, necessitating an Alt-tab to get the traced outline to show up again over top of the application I'm using this with. Is there a way to have a traced image remain on top, while retaining interactivity with the applicaiton window underneath it? This would be super great for my needs.

Thanks,
Noel
by Noel Phares on Aug 5 2007 1:02am Reply

A good suggestion Noel, we will keep this in mind for the next version.
by Nico Westerdale on Aug 6 2007 6:31am Reply

I, too, would love this program for gridded transparent graph paper that stays on top of another, different Windows application running underneath. I'd love to work with the underneath program with the graph paper on top.

This helps me with designing graphics for crochet/knitting programs that I use and write patterns for.

Thanks.
by Teryl Hollins on Mar 31 2008 3:27pm Reply

We did have a version of this in development, but have been busy with other projects. At some point we will get back to it I hope!
by Nico Westerdale on Mar 31 2008 3:33pm Reply

If I understand your post correctly then I would suggest

Ghost-It! for Windows 2000/XP
Matthew T. Pandina
this free little applet will make any window(s) translucent so you can use an application 'below' it while looking at its contents.
by B K on Oct 10 2008 12:37pm Reply

Our Software Stores

IconicoAccurate Design and Development Software

BitsDuJourDiscount Deal Coupons for Windows and Mac Software Apps

Our Software Services

IcoBlogOur Official Blog

© copyright 2004-2024 Iconico, Inc. Code & Design. All Rights Reserved. Terms & Conditions Privacy Policy Terms of Use Login