ICONICO

Discussion Thread

Data Extractor

Message Thread

For WindowsData Extractor

Data Extractor iconExtract any data, including email addresses and URLs from your files and webpages.

Posted in the Data Extractor Forum.

results not visible after data extraction

I use DE 3.3 to extract email addresses from http:/users.sch.gr/ and I ask to include all subdomains. After I start data extracting, it says after some time around 49900 results extracted at the bottom but I don't see any results at all at 3rd tap (3. Extraction results). Any help on that?
by Nikos F on Dec 16 2010 6:01am Reply

Actually what you should do to get the correct results and see them is the following:
1. Start DE and go to the first tab which is "Where to extract" and enter your URL and check the "Follow all webpages links in the same domain and keep extracting" checkbox. Please see here a snapshot for this first step.
2. Then switch to the second tab called "What to extract" and select "Extract Emails from Webpages" then click "Edit Rule Details" and make sure the "HTML Webpage Script" radio button is selected. This step is very important because it is usually the main reason why the results are not the ones expected. If done as explained then everything will be fine. Please see here a snapshot for this second step.
3. Then switch to the third tab called "Extraction results" and click "Start Extracting" and you will see as your emails are gathered just like in this snapshot here. As more and more links are parsed because you've checked the "Follow all webpages links in the same domain and keep extracting" check box you will notice that these parsed links are also gathered in the first tab (in the list where you've entered your start URL).
by Constantin Florea on Dec 16 2010 12:49pm Reply

I still cant download any emails.is there a customer service phone number I can dial into?
by Noman Sami on Oct 23 2011 6:20am Reply

Please check the following url:www.oilandgaspages.com and let me know how to download the file. I am having problem and need this to be resolved asap since I bought this software just for this purpose.
Appreciate your quick reply.Thanks
Noman
by noman sami on Oct 23 2011 3:51pm Reply

Three things happen when I do as per your instructions.
One, start extracting button does not change to stop extracting.
Secondly extraction review Pane says Ready.... but nothing happens.
Thirdly under files scanned for extraction it reads extracted 0 results for 0 files.
Please help me asap since I am running late for the project that I bought this tool for.
Thanks,
Noman
by noman sami on Oct 23 2011 4:43pm Reply

I have tried DataExtractor on the URL you mention:
www.oilandgaspages.com
and also on URLs like:
http://www.oilandgaspages.com/classilist.php?c=898&pg=1
or like
http://www.oilandgaspages.com/classilist.php?c=898&pg=2
but it seems that Data Extractor cannot detect other links to other pages starting from the above two URLs (or any other URL in the oilandgaspages.com domain). That is why it cannot follow other pages from any URL you supply from the oilandgaspages.com domain. You would have to supply each URL manually. I am sorry about this behavior which is most likely caused by the way the page is created. In my tests there are also some Javascript errors shown when trying to parse that domain: www.oilandgaspages.com
by Constantin Florea on Oct 23 2011 5:19pm Reply

Our Software Stores

IconicoAccurate Design and Development Software

BitsDuJourDiscount Deal Coupons for Windows and Mac Software Apps

Our Software Services

IcoBlogOur Official Blog

© copyright 2004-2024 Iconico, Inc. Code & Design. All Rights Reserved. Terms & Conditions Privacy Policy Terms of Use Login