ICONICO

Discussion Thread

Email Extractor

Message Thread

For WindowsEmail Extractor

Email Extractor iconBackup Emails and Extract Email Addresses from Outlook, Outlook Express, Thunderbird and Eudora.

Posted in the Email Extractor Forum.

Data Extractor opening an opened .pst file

Is it possible to open a .pst file that is in use by Outlook? This is
nessesary when someone needs to extract emails in real time when Outlook
delivers new email into personal folders.
by Takis on Mar 3 2011 3:44am Reply

I mean Mail Extractor!!
by Takis on Mar 3 2011 3:46am Reply

Email Extractor can open PST files while they are being used by Outlook but once the search for emails inside a PST file is over, Email Extractor does not resume the search when new emails arrive inside the PST file through Outlook. To parse the new emails you would have to restart the search which will cause it to search in all emails from that PST file not just the new ones.
by Constantin Florea on Mar 3 2011 4:31am Reply

Ok. This is what i need. I can put a scheduler in my delphi application, and i start the search every some period of time.
But when i try to open a .pst that is used by outlook i receive an error: MS Outlook interface cannot open selected file (OMS_MAPINOTOPENSTORAGE).

Question 2nd:
If i buy mail extractor, can i use the .dll in my delphi application, or this is only the ready .exe program and i have to buy the Mailbox SDk?
by Takis on Mar 3 2011 5:16am Reply

What version of Outlook did you use ?

About DLL - with out registration, the DLL provide only demo mode API functions, and didn't work properly. You need the registration key to unlock API and use the DLL.

by Denis on Mar 3 2011 5:58am Reply

The company use Outlook 2007.
The concept that i have to implement is to read the emails, store them in an oracle database and create statistical reports.
So i must have access in the .pst file at the same time with the outlook in order to watch the new comming emails or to login into company's exchange server.
1) I have an error from pst (see previous message).
2) What i have to buy? mail extractor (29,50 $) or Mailbox sdk (399 Eur)?
by Takis on Mar 3 2011 6:24am Reply

I think in this situation, best of all - to buy source code of Mailbox SDK and use the modules to work with Outlook. This will help in the design and would not need to use the DLL.
by Denis on Mar 3 2011 7:06am Reply

In what case I could use the dll?
In order to use the dll, what I have to buy?

Please answer both, because i must decide what to do.
by Takis on Mar 3 2011 7:13am Reply

When you buy Mailbox SDK - you get registration key to unlock the engine.dll API and disable all limitation. And this key get you right to you use the DLL in your software products.

by Denis on Mar 3 2011 10:22am Reply

Ok. then,
but is very important to solve the parallel access. I absolutely need to use the same .pst file that Outlook use for delivery new emails and anfortunatelly have the above error.
Can you propose anything?
by Takis on Mar 4 2011 8:45am Reply

- Make sure that the same source code opens the ??????  PST file when Outlook is not loaded. And do not open the same file when Outlook is running.

- This error message can occur if the wrong path and file name.

- Just make sure that you have't installed antivirus software or other protection windows tools or any additions for Outlook - they can also block access to a PST file.
by Denis on Mar 4 2011 11:34am Reply

Hi,
I have conflict only with the Outlook.
When Outlook is closed, my program can do OpenMailBox and then creates PstName.pst.tmp file. After that the Outlook can not open that pst file.
When I close my program, the Outlook starts and creates the .tmp file, after that my program produce the above error in OpenMailBox call.
I do not know what else can do.
by Takis on Mar 4 2011 1:21pm Reply

After some tests I did, the problem hapens only if the pst file is on an network drive. After I copied in a local drive everything was working right and both outlook and my program used the same pst file.
Any ideas about this?
by Takis on Mar 6 2011 6:06pm Reply

Mailbox SDK is using oficial MS EMAPI for access to PST content, EMAPI not work with network files.

by Denis on Mar 8 2011 8:56am Reply

Our Software Stores

IconicoAccurate Design and Development Software

BitsDuJourDiscount Deal Coupons for Windows and Mac Software Apps

Our Software Services

IcoBlogOur Official Blog

© copyright 2004-2024 Iconico, Inc. Code & Design. All Rights Reserved. Terms & Conditions Privacy Policy Terms of Use Login