ICONICO

Discussion Thread

Screen Tracing Paper

Message Thread

For WindowsScreen Tracing Paper

Screen Tracing Paper iconTransparent blueprint software for your computer screen that allows you to trace and measure over any application.

Posted in the Screen Tracing Paper Forum.

Screen Tracing Paper doesn't run on Windows 7

Hi,

I'd like to try Screen Tracing paper on my windows 7 computer (x64). I downloaded and installed this soft, but, afterwards when I run it by double-clicking the desktop shortcut (or the executable), nothing happens.

I try to reboot computer, to uninstall and install the soft again, to use the XP compatibility mode but Scren Tracing Paper doesn't run on my computer.

This soft was installed on C:\program files(x86)

I use Windows 7 x64 with an nVidia graphic card and a CoreĀ² duo processor.

Thank you.
by TERCET Nicolas on Mar 6 2011 9:57am Reply

I am sorry you're getting this issue. Screen Tracing Paper is compatible with Windows 7 (both 32 and 64 versions).

Could you please try installing the program as an Administrator?

Also, not sure if you've tried the following procedure which works for some Screen Calipers installations on Windows 7 64 bit.

Step 1 : Start your computer and install Screen Tracing Paper. Then try to run it and it most probably won't run.

Step 2: Uninstall Screen Tracing Paper, restart your computer and install Screen Tracing Paper again (this second time do not use XP compatibility mode but try to install the program again). Then try running the application.
by Constantin Florea on Mar 6 2011 10:53am Reply

Thanks.

Unhappy, I uninstalled STP, install it again as an administrator with antivirus disabled, run as an administrator .... but always nothing.

I try to run STP with the desktop shortcut, the *exe...

I try another computer : same results !

What can I do ?

Are you really sure that STP is Windows 7 compatible ?
by TERCET Nicolas on Mar 6 2011 1:49pm Reply

I add that when I run the soft, in the Windows Task Manager, tracinpaper.exe die after 4 or 5 seconds....
by TERCET Nicolas on Mar 6 2011 2:57pm Reply

Is Iconico doing ANYTHING to address the failure of this program on Windows 7 Pro (Quad Core i7)?  Suggestions on forum have no effect.
by Donald User on Apr 10 2012 4:08pm Reply

I installed the STP on my Windows 7 Professional PC today and had no problem at all running it and using it. Not sure what others are doing, but I downloaded the application then hit RUN and it installed on my desktop.  At the end of the installation I responded to open the application and it came right up in the download screen.  Sorry to hear others are having issues but I have had Windows 7 since it came out and have installed many of my older programs with some success and some failures.
by Cheryle D on Jun 7 2012 7:36pm Reply

I have downloaded a trial version of the programme as it would appear to answer a current need.

As described in the posts above, ( 3 years ago) I cannot persuade it to run under Windows 7.

Has anybody come up with a "fix" yet ? as I really want to purchase and use it.
by Ross on Jun 10 2015 4:50am Reply

I have downloaded a trial version of the programme as it would appear to answer a current need.

As described in the posts above, ( 3 years ago) I cannot persuade it to run under Windows 7.

Has anybody come up with a "fix" yet ? as I really want to purchase and use it.
by Ross on Jun 10 2015 4:52am Reply

I just noticed and read again the posts above. Unfortunately we haven't come up with a solution to the issue mentioned in the posts.
by Constantin Florea on Jun 10 2015 3:21pm Reply

I just purchased screen tracing paper and it will not install on my windows 7 pro.  I am having the same problem.   How about a refund? 
by Charles Buck on Sep 4 2016 10:05pm Reply

I just purchased screen tracing paper and it will not install on my windows 7 pro.  I am having the same problem.   How about a refund? 
by Charles Buck on Sep 4 2016 10:05pm Reply

I have just sent the request in our e-Commerce to refund the $19.50 for Screen Tracing Paper.

Please allow for a couple of hours before the refund is fully processed.

by Constantin Florea on Sep 5 2016 8:57am Reply

Screen Tracing Paper should work on Windows 7. I have it working on two Windows 7 Ultimate machines: one is a 32 bits and the other a 64 bits machine.

Could you please let me know the issue you encounter while trying to run the application on your Windows 7 machine?

by Constantin Florea on Jun 10 2015 3:15pm Reply

Our Software Stores

IconicoAccurate Design and Development Software

BitsDuJourDiscount Deal Coupons for Windows and Mac Software Apps

Our Software Services

IcoBlogOur Official Blog

© copyright 2004-2024 Iconico, Inc. Code & Design. All Rights Reserved. Terms & Conditions Privacy Policy Terms of Use Login