ICONICO

Discussion Thread

ColorPic

Message Thread

For WindowsColorPic

ColorPic iconOur Windows Color Picker tool has an inbuilt magnifier and allows you to save full palettes of colors.

Posted in the ColorPic Forum.

Can I change the Grab Hotkey (Ctrl+G) to something else?

Ctrl+G doesn't work on Firefox browser v.5.0.1. This key combination calls up the browser's on-page Find function. Is there a way to assign another key combination for grabbing colors on Firefox? Appreciate your reply.
by Cat Arriola on Aug 13 2011 3:48am Reply

Actually if you would keep ColorPic active all the time, you would be able to press CTRL + G and get the color you want. If you switch to FireFox and press CTRL + G you will indeed get the behaviour you've described.
by Constantin Florea on Aug 13 2011 1:53pm Reply

Also, there is no way to change the CTRL + G shortcut for grabbing colors in ColorPic.
by Constantin Florea on Aug 13 2011 5:58pm Reply

The Ctrl+G combination conflicts with Google Chrome in the same way, advancing the find function. An alternative key mapping would be most helpful. Is there a work-around?
by Thomas Heuer on Aug 28 2011 8:42pm Reply

I would be interested if ColorPic can be changed to customize the Grab Hotkey.  In Microsoft Access, CTRL + G is the keyboard shortcut to open the VBA scripting window, so I cannot "grab" the colors using this tool in anything from MS Access.

What about the ColorPro utility?  Can you customize it there?  That tool might be overkill for my purposes, but would be willing to buy a license for that version simply for this particular feature (customize "grab" shortcut key).

by Kael Dowdy on Oct 14 2013 6:09pm Reply

I just figured out a way around it.  Apparently, in the "Ease of Access Center" in Windows 7, there is a mouse setting called "Activate a window by hovering over it with the mouse".  It was checked on my system.  Now after unchecking it, the program window no longer receives focus by simply hovering the mouse cursor over the window and then call the CTRL+G behavior of the target application.  It works now!  

Not sure if this was the cause from some of the other users experienced, but just wanted to pass this along...
by Kael Dowdy on Oct 14 2013 6:15pm Reply

Thanks for taking the time to post your work-around! 
I was getting pretty frustrated since CTRL + G was opening the Find field for me in Google Chrome.

I followed your instructions and now it works for me.
Denise
by Denise Lemoine on Mar 31 2015 1:51pm Reply

The simplest thing to do...Once you have located the color release your mouse, use your "Alt-Tab" to re-associate focus to ColorPic - Now Ctrl + G works.
by Robert Hall on Dec 18 2015 11:51am Reply

Our Software Stores

IconicoAccurate Design and Development Software

BitsDuJourDiscount Deal Coupons for Windows and Mac Software Apps

Our Software Services

IcoBlogOur Official Blog

© copyright 2004-2024 Iconico, Inc. Code & Design. All Rights Reserved. Terms & Conditions Privacy Policy Terms of Use Login