ICONICO

Discussion Thread

Screen Calipers

Message Thread

For WindowsScreen Calipers

Screen Calipers iconThe accurate way to measure on a screen, at any angle in pixels, inches or any unit.

Posted in the Screen Calipers Forum.

On-screen guides for any application

I've just had to draw two crosses on my PC screen so I could line up the page numbers I was adding to a 36 page PDF document (and then rub crosses out again, of course). The application I was using didn't seem to have a way of repeatably getting things in the same place on a series of pages. This made me think, why doesn't someone produce a little application which allows one to put on the screen horizontal and vertical guides (or lines, or boxes, or other alignment marks) similar to the ones you get in Adobe Illustrator or CorelDraw, but in a transparent window so whatever's displayed by the underlying application shows through (and of course the mouse ought to control the underlying application)?

Does anything like this exist?

It sounds like a useful add-on to one of those screen rule/protractor applications.

Rowan

by Rowan Sylvester-Bradley on Aug 30 2011 2:11pm Reply

On-screen guides for any application

Hi Rowan. Thank you for your comment. We are planning to release such an application as soon as September 2011. It will allow you to do much more than what you've expressed here.

You can make sure to check Iconico.com from time to time to see when it's actually released or if you want to be notified when this happens, just let us know:
http://www.iconico.com/connect/feedback.aspx
and we will get back to you with an email.
by Constantin Florea on Aug 31 2011 1:08pm Reply

Our Software Stores

IconicoAccurate Design and Development Software

BitsDuJourDiscount Deal Coupons for Windows and Mac Software Apps

Our Software Services

IcoBlogOur Official Blog

© copyright 2004-2024 Iconico, Inc. Code & Design. All Rights Reserved. Terms & Conditions Privacy Policy Terms of Use Login