ICONICO

Discussion Thread

Screen Calipers

Message Thread

For WindowsScreen Calipers

Screen Calipers iconThe accurate way to measure on a screen, at any angle in pixels, inches or any unit.

Posted in the Screen Calipers Forum.

Calipers and "stay on top"

Hi,

It's great you came out with this indespensible tool. I just purchased calipers 3.1, and cannot, get "stay on top" to work in XP. Any ideas?

Thanks

Gary
by Gary Koide on May 4 2005 12:30pm Reply

Hi Gary,

I'm glad you like the claieprs - but sorry that you're having problems. Very occasionally I've seen the Calieprs get confused with 'Stay on Top'. Usually exiting and reopening the application will sort it out, and if not then restarting your computer has always solved the problem.

Let me know how you get on.
by Nico Westerdale on May 4 2005 12:37pm Reply

You're right, naturally as soon as I posted the message the problem fixed itself. Thanks again for a great product, I would awkardly use "real" calipers when I had CRT's but my flat panels have a much more delicate surface.

Gary
by Gary Koide on May 4 2005 1:34pm Reply

Glad to hear it's all working Gary.

Do you mean that you used to hold up vernier calipers to the screen to measure objects before finding the software?
by Nico Westerdale on May 4 2005 1:47pm Reply

Yes, of course it was only used to get very rough comparisons between images and 3d objects. Most built in measurement tools for graphics applications work well for precise figures, but are too awkward and interrupt work flow when all you need is a rough "better than eyeball" estimate. But yes I would actually hold the metal jaw points to the screen, it was better than nothing. I had to retire this practice when I moved to LCD panels which are covered with a soft plastic membrane. In all that time it never occured to me that it could be done with software, but I'm glad you guys figureg it out.
Thanks again, I'm also using the color picker.
by Gary Koide on May 4 2005 2:58pm Reply

Our Software Stores

IconicoAccurate Design and Development Software

BitsDuJourDiscount Deal Coupons for Windows and Mac Software Apps

Our Software Services

IcoBlogOur Official Blog

© copyright 2004-2024 Iconico, Inc. Code & Design. All Rights Reserved. Terms & Conditions Privacy Policy Terms of Use Login