ICONICO

Discussion Thread

ColorPro

Message Thread

For WindowsColorPro

ColorPro iconThe Ultimate HTML Color Picker for Professionals

Posted in the ColorPro Forum.

Unable to close application: "Access is denied" error

I am unable to close the application because it apparently attempts to create a file on close. I'm using a work computer that does not have administrator privileges, so it can't write to C:\Program Files (x86)\ColorPic 4.1\palettes.xml.

Is there any way of changing the save location for palettes? Because otherwise I am unable to use this program unless I have administrator privileges.
by David Anderson on Aug 20 2012 4:26pm Reply

ColorPro always writes any data it needs, to a user folder where administrator privileges are not required. In ColorPro you can change the folder where ColorPro writes the palettes if you want to.

However based on the content of your comment I think you are actually referring to ColorPic and not ColorPro.

ColorPic does write the palettes.xml file in the same folder where the application was installed. In this case you've installed it in the Program Files (x86) folder. I suggest making a copy of the palettes.xml file first only in case you need the current palettes. Then you need to uninstall ColorPic and then install it again in another folder which does not require administrator privileges. Actually if uninstalling and installing again is not an option I think you can copy the current ColorPic installation folder to another folder which does not require administrator privileges and make sure to run the application from there (perhaps even change the shortcut on your desktop to the new installation folder).
by Constantin Florea on Aug 20 2012 4:44pm Reply

Also ColorPic does not have the option to change the folder where the palettes are written. ColorPro does.
by Constantin Florea on Aug 20 2012 4:47pm Reply

Our Software Stores

IconicoAccurate Design and Development Software

BitsDuJourDiscount Deal Coupons for Windows and Mac Software Apps

Our Software Services

IcoBlogOur Official Blog

© copyright 2004-2024 Iconico, Inc. Code & Design. All Rights Reserved. Terms & Conditions Privacy Policy Terms of Use Login