ICONICO

Discussion Thread

Line Reader

Message Thread

For WindowsLine Reader

Line Reader iconTurn your mouse into a helper line, to easily guide your eyes while reading long documents.

Posted in the Line Reader Forum.

Cannot keep Line Reader on top of all open windows

I cannot keep the line reader "line" on top of all windows of open applications. This is especially a problem if one or more of the application windows has an "always on top" option enabled. Thanks for any help.
by Michael Begley on Sep 9 2012 9:09pm Reply

This does happen for some  windows which have the "always on top" option enabled as Line Reader has. We will provide a solution for this in a few days.
by Constantin Florea on Sep 10 2012 9:30am Reply

I found that if you Rt. click on the taskbar icon ; stop line reader ; start line reader ;  it returns to the top. I made a script to do this with one click.....
by DEAN ILER on Sep 21 2012 5:03am Reply

The latest version of Line Reader 2.8 includes the following improvement: after starting the line at least once, press the opening bracket key then the closing bracket key and then the opening bracket again. This will cause the line to show if it is hidden and it will hide if it is shown. 

If you have the line shown and it appears under another on top window then click the on top window once - anywhere inside but not on the top blue bar - and then hide the line and then show it again using the opening/closing bracket sequence described above. This will cause the line to appear on top of that window again (until you press the blue bar of the on top window).
by Constantin Florea on Sep 21 2012 8:04am Reply

For the above to work you need to have the "Enable Key Listener Across Applications" enabled in the Settings window - Keyboard Setup tab.
by Constantin Florea on Sep 21 2012 8:08am Reply

Our Software Stores

IconicoAccurate Design and Development Software

BitsDuJourDiscount Deal Coupons for Windows and Mac Software Apps

Our Software Services

IcoBlogOur Official Blog

© copyright 2004-2024 Iconico, Inc. Code & Design. All Rights Reserved. Terms & Conditions Privacy Policy Terms of Use Login