ICONICO

Discussion Thread

Magnifier

Message Thread

For WindowsMagnifier

Magnifier iconEasily zoom in on areas of your screen and work with every detail.

Posted in the Magnifier Forum.

Basic Instructions

I configure computers for the public to use in our public library. I am installing Magnifier on them. What a great product. I am wondering if you have a document that tells how to do things? It is pretty easy but I think some of our librarians and patrons would wonder about what things are. Like I am still not sure what the Hi-Lite is and it took a little while to realize that if I didn't have it follow the mouse, that I needed to drag the box around.
by Jane Frasier on Jun 20 2008 3:10pm Reply

Basic Instructions

Ok the instructions are pretty easy. You can drag the magnifier around the screen with the mouse and resize it from it's edges. When the mouse is over the Magnifier you will see the little toolbar.

Hi-Lite hilights the central square, you can change the color of the hilight by clicking on the color chip next to the Hi-Lite checkbox.

Grid shows a grid on the magnifier, you can change the color of the grid by clicking on the color chip next to the Grid checkbox.

The small slider will enable you to change the magnifiaction factor.

Follow Mouse will tell the magnifier to magnify what's under the mouse, otherwize it magnify what's under the magnifier.

Auto Refresh will continually refresh the magnifier, otherwize it will only refresh when the mouse is moved.

Smooth will smooth the magnifiecation area pixels.

On Top will force th magnifier to be above all other windows.

Capture will start a countdown process to save the area within the magnifier as an image file.

I hope that helps.
by Nico Westerdale on Jun 22 2008 6:10am Reply

Basic Instructions

Thanks. I see what the hi lite and grid do, but I don't understand why I would want that.
by Jane Frasier on Jun 24 2008 5:07pm Reply

Basic Instructions

This grid is handy for seeing if things line up correctly, designers often use it for that. Hi-Lite shows the pixel directly under your mouse, that can be useful for those with poor sight, or again to pick up small details if you're doing graphic design.
by Nico Westerdale on Jun 24 2008 6:04pm Reply

Basic Instructions

Thanks. That makes sense. Our library patrons likely won't be doing that on our computers, but it is good to know.

By the way, I am replying on the test computer, so your fix worked.

Thanks.

Jane
by Jane on Jun 25 2008 11:21am Reply

Our Software Stores

IconicoAccurate Design and Development Software

BitsDuJourDiscount Deal Coupons for Windows and Mac Software Apps

Our Software Services

IcoBlogOur Official Blog

© copyright 2004-2024 Iconico, Inc. Code & Design. All Rights Reserved. Terms & Conditions Privacy Policy Terms of Use Login