ICONICO

Discussion Thread

Points On A Canvas

Message Thread

For WindowsPoints On A Canvas

Points On A Canvas iconConfigurable points for ultimate measurements.

Posted in the Points On A Canvas Forum.

Scaleable

Is it possible to setup a scale on the layer so that:

Something on the picture says it is 12' 6" long that I can click on both ends of that thing and tell points on a canvas that this length is 12'-6" long and after that if I click on two points that are 1/2 the distance it will say it is 6'-3" long.

I ask about this some time ago and I don't think it was available but now it may be so I am asking the question.

Thanks
by Donald Walker on Jul 4 2014 11:56am Reply

Scaleable

You can do the following, please notice this picture:
http://download.bitsdujour.com/bdj/downloads/Other/live_calibration_measurement_unit.jpg

So, you would need to define a new measurement unit using Live Calibration (or manually) and then select the newly created measurement unit to be the current unit (the active unit). To select it, right click the canvas, select Calibrate Units at the top and then in the sub-menu select the unit you just defined. This will make it the active unit. Then when you select half the distance you will see that half of the unit's value is reported.

The application only shows the measured distance as one value, I mean it cannot show 12' 6'', it would have to be one value.

The application allows scaling of the measured values in the sense that all measurement values shown can be multiplied or divided by any value you want to, notice the Multiply Factor text box at the top left. It always multiplies but you can simulate a division by putting something less than 1 (for example 0.5).
by Constantin Florea on Jul 4 2014 12:38pm Reply

Our Software Stores

IconicoAccurate Design and Development Software

BitsDuJourDiscount Deal Coupons for Windows and Mac Software Apps

Our Software Services

IcoBlogOur Official Blog

© copyright 2004-2024 Iconico, Inc. Code & Design. All Rights Reserved. Terms & Conditions Privacy Policy Terms of Use Login