ICONICO

Discussion Thread

ColorPic

Message Thread

For WindowsColorPic

ColorPic iconOur Windows Color Picker tool has an inbuilt magnifier and allows you to save full palettes of colors.

Posted in the ColorPic Forum.

Web Palette Generator add in-can't get to work

I just installed ColorPic 4.1. It seems to work fine. So I then downloaded ColorPic-Web-Palette-Generator.zip.

If I extract the files into my ColorPic program folder as the instructions indicate, and then try to run generate-web-palette.bat, what appears to be a DOS box quickly appears on the screen, but no file is created.

If I extract from the .zip into a folder in Documents, then I can run generate-web-palette.bat and html-palettes.xml is created, but when I try to open that .xml file in a browser, I get a Parsing Error.

If I copy the three files that were created when I unzipped from this Documents folder to my ColorPic program folder, again, no file is created.

Any idea what the problem is?

Harry
by Harry Ward on Nov 25 2014 4:25am Reply

Had this problem at first as well but after looking at the batch file I noticed it is trying to combine two files from the folder it is installed in. I made it work by copying those files into the "ColorPic 4.1" folder instead of leaving them in the "ColorPic-Web-Palette-Generator" folder.

Good Luck.
by Brent on Feb 2 2015 3:16pm Reply

Brent:

Still no luck. I tried to unzip ColorPic-Web_Palette-Generator.zip in my Color Pic program folder, but they were all unzipped in 'ColorPic-Web-Palette-Generator' subfolder. I then copied the three files to my Color Pic program folder, as you suggested, but got the same negative results as before.
by Harry Ward on Feb 2 2015 6:37pm Reply

All the batch file is doing is copying the contents of header-html.txt into the top of the palettes.xml and creating the html-palettes.xml file which can then be opened in FireFox.
by Brent on Feb 2 2015 6:50pm Reply

Brent:

Then I must be doing something wrong somewhere. No matter what I try, I still get the identical results discussed in the messages that I have posted here.

Harry
by Harry Ward on Feb 3 2015 12:39am Reply

Our Software Stores

IconicoAccurate Design and Development Software

BitsDuJourDiscount Deal Coupons for Windows and Mac Software Apps

Our Software Services

IcoBlogOur Official Blog

© copyright 2004-2024 Iconico, Inc. Code & Design. All Rights Reserved. Terms & Conditions Privacy Policy Terms of Use Login