ICONICO

Discussion Thread

Screen Calipers

Message Thread

For WindowsScreen Calipers

Screen Calipers iconThe accurate way to measure on a screen, at any angle in pixels, inches or any unit.

Posted in the Screen Calipers Forum.

Accuracy and Certification

I am interested in your measurement products (protractor, caliper, compass) for use as testing tools. Does the screen resolution affect accuracy? Your website mentions these tools as being used in the medical field; did these products go through any certification process for accuracy?
by on Oct 20 2005 4:08pm Reply

The Calipers, Protractor and Compass are as accurate as feasibly possible for screen based measurement, and we believe them to be more accurate than any of our competitors.

The applications all use the pixel as their base unit of measurement, and caluculation are performed based on the exact pixel co-ordinates. If the units used in thae applications are changed then a transformation factor is applied to the pixel readout to arrive at the length in units, centimeters or custom units.

When measuring with the protractor the longer the protractor arms are extended then the more accurate the degrees will be.

As far as I am aware there are no relevent certifications for screen based measurement, however if you are aware of some them please get in contact.

I hope this answers your questions, please let me know if there are more specific ones.
by Nico Westerdale on Oct 21 2005 9:07am Reply

We took phantom images (CNC machined) and compared the calibrated ICONICO to a Mitituyo NIST traceable electronic caliper.
by Cecil Charles on Apr 26 2006 11:44am Reply

Our Software Stores

IconicoAccurate Design and Development Software

BitsDuJourDiscount Deal Coupons for Windows and Mac Software Apps

Our Software Services

IcoBlogOur Official Blog

© copyright 2004-2024 Iconico, Inc. Code & Design. All Rights Reserved. Terms & Conditions Privacy Policy Terms of Use Login