ICONICO

Discussion Thread

ColorPic

Message Thread

For WindowsColorPic

ColorPic iconOur Windows Color Picker tool has an inbuilt magnifier and allows you to save full palettes of colors.

Posted in the ColorPic Forum.

Colorpic misses the right resulotion

The color under the colorpic-cursor is quite another one than the color visible at the screen behind the cursor. It seems that colorpic sees about 240% more pixels than there are, so i never can reach the bottom-right corner of the screen.
Or, the other way around: If i point at the bottom-right of the screen then colorpic sees the color at a position about x=1300 from left side and y=about 600 from top. Computer = 3200 * 1600 resolution, windows 10, touch screen, track pad.
by Anders Meij, van der on Dec 3 2015 10:12pm Reply

Same with me here. ColorPic doesn't show the pixels under the mouse but somewhere else.
by Tom Miller on Feb 24 2016 10:23pm Reply

Version 5 of the ColorPic will now ask you at startup if you're using a 4K monitor. This will adjust the position of the mouse for 4K monitors.

You can change this setting by editing the colorpic.ini file, found in the same folder that you installed the colorpic in.
by Nico Westerdale on Nov 8 2018 11:51pm Reply

I'm running Windows 10 build 17134 with a 1080p monitor. ColorPic never reflects the position of the cursor, no matter whether the 4K in the .ini is set to 0 or 1.

For example, in the screenshot my cursor is directly on the "Email Protector" icon, but ColorPic is showing the "Download" button (both are circled). Because of this issue, it's quite a trick to get to the pixel that you want, and there is a large portion of the screen that it can't access at all.

I'm extremely disappointed, as I just licensed two copies from Bitsdujour.com. I should've checked it out more thoroughly first. :(

by Linda Bloom on Jan 24 2019 9:54am Reply

Try this:

Rightclick in your C:\Program Files (x86) folder on Colorpick.exe.
Select Properties, then go to tab Compatibility.
Here, click on Change High DPI settings.
Then check the option "Disable display scaling on high DPI settings".
Click OK OK.
Try using Colorpic now.
Does it work now?

by Johan de Jong on Mar 24 2019 11:35am Reply

If you edit the ColorPic.ini file you can change the XOffset and YOffset values. That will allow you to calibrate any monitor.
by Nico Westerdale on Jun 26 2019 2:00am Reply

This led me to the solution. In Windows 10, I followed your instructions but instead, I checked "Use this setting to fix scaling problems...."

That solved it for me.
by Bobby on Aug 30 2019 6:23pm Reply

Unfortunately, this didn't fix the problem for me.
Any other suggestions?
by Larisa on May 19 2020 2:17am Reply

Hi, 

I have just built my own to replace this

Its free in the Microsoft store: https://apps.microsoft.com/store/detail/colour-picker-app/9NQ8FV9DFQ4V
by Mark Redman on Jun 23 2023 8:17am Reply

Mark, your program works great! Thank you for taking the time to make this and keeping it free. Cheers!
by Andy Mann on Sep 19 2023 3:07pm Reply

Our Software Stores

IconicoAccurate Design and Development Software

BitsDuJourDiscount Deal Coupons for Windows and Mac Software Apps

Our Software Services

IcoBlogOur Official Blog

© copyright 2004-2024 Iconico, Inc. Code & Design. All Rights Reserved. Terms & Conditions Privacy Policy Terms of Use Login