ICONICO

Discussion Thread

Screen Calipers

Message Thread

For WindowsScreen Calipers

Screen Calipers iconThe accurate way to measure on a screen, at any angle in pixels, inches or any unit.

Posted in the Screen Calipers Forum.

Windows 10

I bought this way back in Windows 7. I want to buy it again, but I see no reference here to Windows 10. My question: will it work in Win 10?
by william beebe on Mar 21 2016 1:08pm Reply

Windows 10

We haven't tested the application on Windows 10 yet but you may download the feature limited installer and test the application.
by Constantin Florea on Mar 22 2016 9:38pm Reply

Windows 10

I have just re-installed version 4 on my computer which is a Windows 10 64 bit and it is running fine. It also worked on my old computer which was a windows 10 upgrade from windows 7.
by Fran Y on May 22 2016 4:49am Reply

Windows 10

How did you get the software to work in Windows 10. I just reloaded Version 4 of the caliper and protractor software and when I launch I get the following error messages:

Calipers: Exception EOIeSysError in Module Calipers.exe at 000697AD. Error accessing the OLE registry.

Protractor: Exception EOIeSysError in Module Protractor.exe at 0006E5E5. Error accessing OLE registry.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.
by Jeff Peters on Aug 30 2016 6:09pm Reply

Windows 10

Please notice this thread regarding the issue you mention:
http://www.iconico.com/discussions/view.aspx?id=17639&forum=1
by Constantin Florea on Aug 30 2016 6:51pm Reply

Windows 10

Sadly, though I love Screen Calipers it needs updating for Windows 10. It bounces all over the screen, and when some things are selected it blinks on and off over and over and over.  Too annoying to use, but I can't find an alternative that is anywhere near as good as Screen Calipers.
by Hank Tate on Aug 7 2017 11:58pm Reply

Windows 10

Screen Calipers does work on Windows 10. The behavior you mention may be caused by other graphic intensive applications like Google Earth.

For a solution to the issue caused by Google Earth, please browse here:
http://www.iconico.com/discussions/view.aspx?id=771&forum=2

There may be other graphic intensive applications besides Google Earth which can cause similar issues.
by Constantin Florea on Aug 8 2017 8:08pm Reply

Windows 10

Version 4 will not install on Windows 10 for me.
I get errors like these at the end of installation
Failure while trying to install file \Iconico\config\angles.ini
or
Failure while trying to install file \Iconico\config\distances.ini
etc.
These happen also when the install executable is executed via 'run as Administrator', so does not seem to be a permissions issue.

The versions for Windows 98 (Screen Measurement Pack v3.2) install and run fine - though I'd like a solution for this so I can run the latest and greatest versions of these.
by Ian Ward on Nov 14 2017 4:16pm Reply

Windows 10

Here is the solution:

First please try this:
1. while installing when it fails do not abort yet
2. goto C:\Program Files\
3. and copy the Screen Calipers 4.0 folder to somewhere in another folder let’s call it folder BACKUPFOLDER_FOR_SC
4. now click the abort and after that, copy back (the Screen Calipers folder which you copied at point 3 into BACKUPFOLDER_FOR_SC) to C:\Program Files\Screen Calipers 4.0
5. and then create yourself a shortcut from Calipers.exe

Then if you encounter the EOleSysError issue, please read this:
http://www.iconico.com/discussions/view.aspx?id=17639&forum=1
by Constantin Florea on Nov 14 2017 11:50pm Reply

Windows 10

I am having the same problem -- the calipers are jumping all over the place when using W10 but no on my W8 machine.

Did you find a way to resolve this problem?

Thanks, Chris
by Chris Darling on Feb 4 2019 11:37pm Reply

Windows 10

The behavior you mention may be caused by other graphic intensive applications like Google Earth.

For a solution to the issue caused by Google Earth, please browse here:
http://www.iconico.com/discussions/view.aspx?id=771&forum=2

There may be other graphic intensive applications besides Google Earth which can cause similar issues.

Other than this, we are not aware of what could cause the behavior you mention.
by Constantin Florea on Feb 5 2019 11:32am Reply

Windows 10

Same for me, it starts bouncing around.  Sometimes it resizes larger and smaller.  Other times it crashes when trying to change color settings.  I've used this tool for over a decade but am forced to look for a replacement.  I do not have Google Earth installed and am running a robust machine.
by Dave Johnston on Mar 5 2020 7:08pm Reply

Windows 10/11

I successfully operated ScreenCaliper 4 on both Win 10 and Win 11 until recently, when the 'jumping all over screen' behaviour suddently started. I have a good computer with a big graphics card, and I think it is nothing to do with the card, but is likely the result of Microsoft 'updating' Windows (though not so sure as sudden behaviour is reported from Win10 and my system is Win11). Anyway, I discovered if I disconnect my additional monitors, the program works as intended. Problem is, I want it on my larger extra monitors! Oh, well, such is the life of we consumers when using old software that hasn't been updated for years.
by Chris WWalker on Feb 22 2023 2:48pm Reply

Our Software Stores

IconicoAccurate Design and Development Software

BitsDuJourDiscount Deal Coupons for Windows and Mac Software Apps

Our Software Services

IcoBlogOur Official Blog

© copyright 2004-2024 Iconico, Inc. Code & Design. All Rights Reserved. Terms & Conditions Privacy Policy Terms of Use Login