ICONICO

Discussion Thread

Line Reader

Message Thread

For WindowsLine Reader

Turn your mouse into a helper line, to easily guide your eyes while reading long documents.

Posted in the Line Reader Forum.

Strange LR relation to mouse pointer

I am trying out the trial version. The line reader is a very short line approximately ½ inch long, but it is also way away from the mouse pointer (to the left and lower when the pointer is in the center of the screen). When I move the pointer to the top left of the screen the line reader gets more centered under the pointer and closer vertically but still offset quite a bit.  As I move the pointer to the lower right of the screen the line reader gets further away from the pointer to the right and much lower. Does the windows version make a difference (I am using windows 10)?

by Larry Young on Jun 21 2016 9:08am Reply

To fix the issue you have to: Go to Control Panel -> Appearance and Personalization -> Display and make sure that the “Smaller – 100% (default)” radio button is checked. Then press the “Apply” button. Please see this image to see the setting:
http://iconicoblob.blob.core.windows.net/ico/lineReader/appearance_and_personalization.png

The issue you mention happens, when the setting has any of the other values which are different from "Smaller - 100% (default)".

In the demo version the width/height of the line is indeed short (up to 75 pixels) however the line can have a maximum width of 2048 pixels and a maximum height of 2048 pixels but that is only in the registered/purchased version.
by Constantin Florea on Jun 21 2016 10:55am Reply

Email me when your line reader can function with larger icons and print. I am visually impaired, that is why I am searching for a line reader tool. The smaller icons and print are not acceptable.
by Larry Young on Jun 21 2016 3:47pm Reply

Our Software Stores

IconicoAccurate Design and Development Software

BitsDuJourDiscount Deal Coupons for Windows and Mac Software Apps

Our Software Services

SoftwareMarketingResourceYou Wrote the Code, Now How do you Sell it?

IcoBlogOur Official Blog

© copyright 2004-2017 Iconico, Inc. Code & Design. All Rights Reserved. Terms & Conditions Privacy Policy Terms of Use