ICONICO

Discussion Thread

ColorPic

Message Thread

For WindowsColorPic

ColorPic iconOur Windows Color Picker tool has an inbuilt magnifier and allows you to save full palettes of colors.

Posted in the ColorPic Forum.

Workaround for ClearType distortion

Hi, this looks like a great color tool :)

I was wondering, if there any way to work around the distortion of colors with ClearType enabled, other than disabling it before grabbing colors?

Cheers!
by Mark on Sep 30 2008 11:31pm Reply

Hi Mark

i assume that you're talking about the way that cleartype smooths the fonts creating pixels of different colors on the edges of letters. As ColorPic selects colors directly from the screen then it will grab the smoothed pixels, not the base text color. There really isn't a way to grab the base color using this type of tool.
by Nico Westerdale on Oct 1 2008 12:07am Reply

Thanks for the info. Because of the issue with ClearType, I usually keep it turned off any computer I'm working on, since it's a real inconvenience when trying to grab colors from the screen for graphics work.

Cheers :)
by Mark on Nov 27 2008 12:19am Reply

I have noticed that it is usually the darkest colour in the text that is the base colour of the text.
by Yozzie McYoz on Nov 26 2008 5:53pm Reply

Our Software Stores

IconicoAccurate Design and Development Software

BitsDuJourDiscount Deal Coupons for Windows and Mac Software Apps

Our Software Services

IcoBlogOur Official Blog

© copyright 2004-2024 Iconico, Inc. Code & Design. All Rights Reserved. Terms & Conditions Privacy Policy Terms of Use Login