ICONICO

Discussion Thread

ColorPic

Message Thread

For WindowsColorPic

ColorPic iconOur Windows Color Picker tool has an inbuilt magnifier and allows you to save full palettes of colors.

Posted in the ColorPic Forum.

stopped working

HI there, need help badly. I have color puic fdor several years and have a lot in my library of saved colors. I am now stuck. When i try to use it, i cant select anything. It wont scan where the mouse is, it doesnt show anything moving on the mouse as i i werent een scrolling over colors? 
Please help I would really be disapointed if i lost my saved projects? 
Thanks 
by Isela Gonzalez on Jul 13 2016 6:48pm Reply

stopped working

The same thing has happened to me.

Colorpic is seeing things which aren't there and not seeing things which are. It's almost like there's a huge offset between the screen and where it thinks the cursor is.
by Sualdam on Jul 16 2016 1:04am Reply

stopped working

I have a Surface Pro 4 running windows 10 and followed the soloution this guy found and it worked. Although the app is now tiny I can still pic and grab and copy paste the hex okay. My screen resolution is 2560 c 1600 at 200% scaling. Antoher solution which worked if you can stand it is to keep the scaling at 100% and low the res to around 1600 x 900 or similar.

I just found the solution in this forum by reading the reply of Craig on Sept 4 2015 2:03pm - here it is:

Magnifier and Cursor do not line up
This happens normally if Windows is scaled, e.g. on a notebook or 4K monitor (125%, 150%...).
I found this solution now, after do so ColorPick has (original) small letters but will hit now the pixel under the mouse:

To fix this problem, right-click the desktop application’s shortcut and select Properties. If the application is on the taskbar, right-click the taskbar icon, right-click the application’s name, and select Properties.

Click the Compatibility tab and click the “Disable display scaling on high DPI settings” checkbox. After you do, close the application and re-open it.
by Craig on Sep 4 2015 2:03pm
by Miri Ussher on May 2 2017 12:41am Reply

stopped working

This was a handy tool that I used frequently. It no longer works, now that I'm using Windows 10.

Anybody know of a work around or an alternative program that works in Windows 10?
by Jim Lewis on Jul 28 2016 12:57pm Reply

stopped working

I have a Surface Pro 4 running windows 10 and followed the soloution this guy found and it worked. Although the app is now tiny I can still pic and grab and copy paste the hex okay. My screen resolution is 2560 c 1600 at 200% scaling. Antoher solution which worked if you can stand it is to keep the scaling at 100% and low the res to around 1600 x 900 or similar.

I just found the solution in this forum by reading the reply of Craig on Sept 4 2015 2:03pm - here it is:

Magnifier and Cursor do not line up
This happens normally if Windows is scaled, e.g. on a notebook or 4K monitor (125%, 150%...).
I found this solution now, after do so ColorPick has (original) small letters but will hit now the pixel under the mouse:

To fix this problem, right-click the desktop application’s shortcut and select Properties. If the application is on the taskbar, right-click the taskbar icon, right-click the application’s name, and select Properties.

Click the Compatibility tab and click the “Disable display scaling on high DPI settings” checkbox. After you do, close the application and re-open it.
by Craig on Sep 4 2015 2:03pm
by Miri Ussher on May 2 2017 1:02am Reply

stopped working

That worked. Thank you Miri.
by Sualdam on May 2 2017 1:11am Reply

Our Software Stores

IconicoAccurate Design and Development Software

BitsDuJourDiscount Deal Coupons for Windows and Mac Software Apps

Our Software Services

IcoBlogOur Official Blog

© copyright 2004-2024 Iconico, Inc. Code & Design. All Rights Reserved. Terms & Conditions Privacy Policy Terms of Use Login