ICONICO

Discussion Thread

ColorPic

Message Thread

For WindowsColorPic

ColorPic iconOur Windows Color Picker tool has an inbuilt magnifier and allows you to save full palettes of colors.

Posted in the ColorPic Forum.

"Activation follows mouse (X-Mouse)" Functionality

I've enabled the feature "Activation follows mouse (X-Mouse)" in Windows XP using Tweak UI. Is there a way to use ColorPic effectively with this feature turned on?

Thanks in advance!
-T
by T on Feb 5 2009 6:35pm Reply

I don't know the feature, but if it is trapping the mouse then it'll probably conflict somewhat
by Nico Westerdale on Feb 5 2009 6:51pm Reply

What it does is enables a Linux-like window management feature that changes the focus of a window when you hover the mouse over it without having to click on it.

Perhaps this should be a feature request: provide a way to temporarily disable FFM so you can use the Ctrl+G shortcut to capture a color. It would require a quick change/change back to the registry or something like that.

-T
by T on Feb 6 2009 2:48pm Reply

I think it's probably outside the scope of ColorPic. It's a little app, you're the first to ask for this feature after hundreds of thousands of downloads, so adding another checkbox to an already crowded user interface doesn't sound like a good idea to me.
by Nico Westerdale on Feb 6 2009 2:51pm Reply

Here's a second request for it.
I like "Activation follows mouse" and don't want to disable it. But I can't get ColorPic to grab from any browser window (FF, IE, Chrome, Opera... tried in all of them). When I try to select chip and grab, the selected color moves..
by Coly Moore on Nov 6 2009 1:30pm Reply

If ColorPic is not active then it can't grab the color, so the workaround is to disable TwaekUI
by Nico Westerdale on Nov 6 2009 1:32pm Reply

Our Software Stores

IconicoAccurate Design and Development Software

BitsDuJourDiscount Deal Coupons for Windows and Mac Software Apps

Our Software Services

IcoBlogOur Official Blog

© copyright 2004-2024 Iconico, Inc. Code & Design. All Rights Reserved. Terms & Conditions Privacy Policy Terms of Use Login