ICONICO

Discussion Thread

Screen Calipers

Message Thread

For WindowsScreen Calipers

Screen Calipers iconThe accurate way to measure on a screen, at any angle in pixels, inches or any unit.

Posted in the Screen Calipers Forum.

Skins no longer work

Using Screen Calipers 2.2, none of the skins are seen by the tool any more -- they're not visible in the contextual menu so I can't load them. (Just the default skin is visible.) I haven't moved or changed the skins or anything; they're in subfolders in the "Skins" folder just where they always were. They used to work fine. Why did they suddenly stop working?

I thought maybe the app got corrupted, although it seems to work okay with the default skin. I'd try uninstalling and reinstalling but I can't find the version 2.2 installer online anymore; and I tried version 3.2 and didn't care for it.

Any idea how I can get my skins working again? Thanks much.
by Jonas Smithson on Dec 24 2005 7:01pm Reply

Skins no longer work

Hi, sorry the skins no longer work, I can't think of any reason why they wouldn't though. If you check in the Screen Calipers folder in the skins folders there's probably a bad file in there.

We don't carry the version 2.2 installer any more as it's been replaced by the later versions which do all that version 2.2 did and more. I would suggest that you use version 3.2 which has a wide variety of skins for it. May I ask why you didn't like version 3.2?
by Nico Westerdale on Dec 24 2005 7:57pm Reply

Skins no longer work

When I get a chance I'll try removing the skins one at a time to see if one of them got corrupted and is preventing all the others from working (if that's what you're suggesting by "bad file.")

To answer your question... I didn't like version 3.2 because it's very slow on my old Windows 2000 machine; dragging it around the screen is very sluggish, it doesn't respond to commands well... just too slow to use. Also, I don't care about measuring across diagonal angles. In fact, with version 3.2 I couldn't figure out how to easily flip it from horizontal to vertical -- it kept going to diagonal angles that were hard to get rid of. I never had this problem with version 2.2 (although, to be fair, I didn't read the 3.2 documentation).

I suspect that the 2.2 app itself got corrupted somehow. Surely you must have an archived copy of the 2.2 installer somewhere?

Thanks,
Jonas
by Jonas Smithson on Dec 27 2005 9:12am Reply

Skins no longer work

I'm sending yopu an old copy of the 2.2 version by email.

As to your comments the 3.2 version is a touch slower as it must calculate full rotation which requires more calculations. To flip between vertical and horizontal you can double-click anywhere on the Calipers. Also you can check the menu option 'Lock Angle' so that the application does not rotate, or hold down the shift key while dragging the slider.
by Nico Westerdale on Dec 27 2005 3:48pm Reply

Skins no longer work

We just moved to a new server and I think we dropped your last message, sorry, but can you repost?
by Nico Westerdale on Dec 26 2005 8:07pm Reply

Our Software Stores

IconicoAccurate Design and Development Software

BitsDuJourDiscount Deal Coupons for Windows and Mac Software Apps

Our Software Services

IcoBlogOur Official Blog

© copyright 2004-2024 Iconico, Inc. Code & Design. All Rights Reserved. Terms & Conditions Privacy Policy Terms of Use Login