ICONICO

Discussion Thread

UniToolbox

Message Thread

Developer ComponentFor WindowsUniToolbox

UniToolbox iconThe leading control suite for Unicode development in Visual Basic.

Posted in the UniToolbox Forum.

making UniGrid control editable

Still me,

As stated in help file, UniGrid control is basically read-only. You cannot have user edit cell data.

I need users to edit the data, so I look for ways to emulate editability. With MSHFlexGrid, I use the following simple technics: there is a textbox on the form, that is used to accept user input and pass it to MSHFlexGrid. When user clicks a cell, the textbox is moved over to this cell and made active. Pressing Enter passes data to MSHFlexGrid and hides the textbox.

My question: is it possible to do the same with UniGrid? Speaking about MSHFlexGrid, it has very useful properties like CellHeight, CellLeft, CellTop, CellWidth, that will give information about XY position of current cell. I found nothing similar in UniGrid. Does it mean I cannot use UniGrid for emulating user input?

Thanks and regards,
Denis
by Wapper on Apr 5 2009 2:48pm Reply

Try using the UniFlexGrid control:

http://www.iconico.com/UniFlexGrid
by Nico Westerdale on Apr 5 2009 5:02pm Reply

Thanks, but that's another hudred bucks. Fortunately MSHFlexGrid can also display Unicode, so I'll stick to the old buddy.
by Wapper on Apr 6 2009 4:59pm Reply

Our Software Stores

IconicoAccurate Design and Development Software

BitsDuJourDiscount Deal Coupons for Windows and Mac Software Apps

Our Software Services

IcoBlogOur Official Blog

© copyright 2004-2024 Iconico, Inc. Code & Design. All Rights Reserved. Terms & Conditions Privacy Policy Terms of Use Login