ICONICO

Discussion Thread

ColorPic

Message Thread

For WindowsColorPic

ColorPic iconOur Windows Color Picker tool has an inbuilt magnifier and allows you to save full palettes of colors.

Posted in the ColorPic Forum.

ColorPic not working with IE running

Hi there,
Have used colour Pic for years and love it. Have just installed 4.1 on XP PC, but it will not work correctly when IE7 is running.
Th Magnify screen in just plain black (but can ctrl-g on the mixer). As soon as i cose my browser the Magnify starts working and can pic colours from my desktop or other apps. Any ideas?
Cheers
Linda
by Linda H on Apr 30 2009 8:56am Reply

No clue, ColorPic does not interface with Internet Explorer in any way! I'd suggest a reinstall.
by Nico Westerdale on Apr 30 2009 12:40pm Reply

Thanks - tried reinstall numerous time but no joy. Tried installing v4.0 which partly worked.
V 4.0 lets me pic colours for any part of the screen where the mouse is, but the Magnify section still displays black..
I have installed 3.1 and it works fine - so i will stick with that...
Cheers
Linda
by Linda H on May 1 2009 7:58am Reply

Yeah, same problem here using IE8, works fine with Chrome & Firefox - This isn't a re-install issue, it's an incompatibility with IE. Fortunately I only use IE to test client websites.
by James Roberts on Nov 18 2009 3:29am Reply

James, ColorPic does not use IE in any way whatsoever, I don't know how to be more clear on the issue.
by Nico Westerdale on Nov 18 2009 10:27am Reply

I'm not an applications developer however logic tells me that when a program ceases to work exclusively when another program is run, there is a compatibility issue. Even if Color Pic does not directly interact with IE, it may have to interact with a graphics adapter/driver or some other software which stops it working when IE is launched.

The tone of your reply suggests I'm rubbishing Color Pic which i'm not. I'm merely pointing out a problem and would have thought useful feedback such as this would be valuable.
by James Roberts on Nov 18 2009 11:37am Reply

Jame, I didn't think you're knocking ColorPic, I'm just confused! I use IE8 all the time and it works fine with ColorPic. IE doesn't use DirectX or any special screen rendering options.
by Nico Westerdale on Nov 18 2009 12:29pm Reply

The only out of the ordinary configuration I have is that I run dual screens although as mentioned, things work fine when using anything other than IE8.
by James Roberts on Nov 18 2009 3:25pm Reply

Problem identified - I'm using Zone Alarm Force Field which only works on IE browser, Chrome isn't protected and is therefore unaffected.

In short, Zone Alarm browser security will block Color Pic functionality.
by James Roberts on Nov 25 2009 11:40am Reply

Yes it is ZoneAlarm Browser Security. Turn it off and ColorPic works fine.

Solution that worked for me. Disable browser security. Reopen Firefox. Open Colorpic and it works. Enable Browser security with FF open. Close FF. Open FF and colorpic works with Browser security on.
by Michael Burgess on Jul 13 2010 6:31am Reply

So.. it's an incompatibility with ZoneAlarm then. :)
by Smartass on Jul 28 2010 12:05pm Reply

Our Software Stores

IconicoAccurate Design and Development Software

BitsDuJourDiscount Deal Coupons for Windows and Mac Software Apps

Our Software Services

IcoBlogOur Official Blog

© copyright 2004-2024 Iconico, Inc. Code & Design. All Rights Reserved. Terms & Conditions Privacy Policy Terms of Use Login