ICONICO

Discussion Thread

Screen Calipers

Message Thread

For WindowsScreen Calipers

Screen Calipers iconThe accurate way to measure on a screen, at any angle in pixels, inches or any unit.

Posted in the Screen Calipers Forum.

calipers 3.3 and WinXP

I installed version 3.3 today and the caliper does not respond to mouse movements. I can move, adjust and set angles with the keyboard. But I cannot drag any part of the caliperr with the mouse or change the angle.

WinXP Pro
G7 Logitech Mouse
3Gigs of RAM

Alex Marino (registered user)
by Alex Marino on Jan 22 2006 4:34pm Reply

calipers 3.3 and WinXP

Alex,

We've had a few reports of very sporadic errors of this kind. I'd advise you to use the Windows 98 or later version of the application until we can correctly diagnose the error. I'm going to contact you off-list with futhur details.
by Nico Westerdale on Jan 22 2006 5:01pm Reply

calipers 3.3 and WinXP

Nico,

I am running into another problem with WinXP.

After I reboot I can start the Calipers once with no problems.

After that I get the following error:
System error. Code: 8.
Not enough storage is available to process this command.

alex
by Alex Marino on Feb 6 2006 3:44pm Reply

calipers 3.3 and WinXP

Alex,

Sorry for the continued problems. Can I ask that you first do a reinstall of the software. If you still get the error I'll send you a version that has full logging so that we can diagnose the error.

Nico
by Nico Westerdale on Feb 6 2006 4:04pm Reply

calipers 3.3 and WinXP

Nico,

Thanks for the quick reply!

That did the job. I am not getting that error anymore.

tia,
alex
by Alex Marino on Feb 6 2006 4:38pm Reply

calipers 3.3 and WinXP

Oops ...spoke too soon.

The caliper opens in my main screen and as soon as I drag it around a bit I get that error. So it is a little different than before with the same error message.

alex
by Alex Marino on Feb 6 2006 4:42pm Reply

calipers 3.3 and WinXP

Alex,

It's very strange that you're the only one getting these errors! Anyway I'll contact you off list with a version that logs the errors tomorrow and let's see if we can get to the bottom of it. Again, if you need to then use the windows 98 version for the time being.

Nico
by Nico Westerdale on Feb 6 2006 7:02pm Reply

calipers 3.3 and WinXP

I just wanted to note that we've successfully fixed Alex's problem which happened due an odd setting of his 3 monitors. The fix will be included with the next update to the application.

If anyone else is experiencing this error please feel free to make contact and I'll send you a copy.
by Nico Westerdale on Feb 15 2006 10:05pm Reply

Fix now up

As of tonight this fix has been uploaded on the site. If people have similar multiple monitor issues then please re-download and they should be fixed.
by Nico Westerdale on Feb 23 2006 10:05pm Reply

calipers 3.3 and WinXP

Alex, i am sorry to hear that you have met this problem and i don't konw how to solve it either. However, recently i have found some very useful information about a href="http://www.tresnainstrument.com" calipers/a here. Sincerely hope that you will learn a lot from it.
by Lancy David on Nov 8 2008 9:06pm Reply

calipers 3.3 and WinXP

The fix is now up. If you use the Calipers, Protractor or Compass version 3.3 on a dual monitor system then please re-download the software. Your serial number will still work and you shouldn't be promted to enter it again.
by Nico Westerdale on Jan 23 2006 9:04pm Reply

serial number screen calipers

please serial number
by pey bakh on Sep 18 2007 12:45pm Reply

serial number screen calipers

You have to purchase one, click our Store link.
by Nico Westerdale on Sep 18 2007 2:36pm Reply

Our Software Stores

IconicoAccurate Design and Development Software

BitsDuJourDiscount Deal Coupons for Windows and Mac Software Apps

Our Software Services

IcoBlogOur Official Blog

© copyright 2004-2024 Iconico, Inc. Code & Design. All Rights Reserved. Terms & Conditions Privacy Policy Terms of Use Login