ICONICO

Discussion Thread

Screen Protractor

Message Thread

For WindowsScreen Protractor

Screen Protractor iconWork with engineering plans or designs to measure degrees or radians on your screen.

Posted in the Screen Protractor Forum.

Screen Capture

I use screen capture software to 'capture' a screen image as a .jpg file. The protractor, if on the screen, is not captured with the rest of the image. Can you explain this? My particular 'capture' application is the reason I bought the protractor, but it appears that I cannot use it as I wished. Am I missing something with its setup?
by David Santwyk-Anderson on May 14 2009 7:23am Reply

Screen Capture

It's to do with who your capture software works. It has to be set to capture 'windowless' windows or 'transparent' windows. There should be a setting for that.

You can also use the stardard windows Ctrl+PrtSc function.
by Nico Westerdale on May 14 2009 11:55am Reply

Screen Capture

Well that helped a little, but those options are not available on my capture software, However, I think I have found the problem.

My 'capture' software is 'Quick Screen Capture' which is apparently the lesser featured version of a pseudo professional user software called 'Quick Screen Shot Maker'. This latter version features, amongst other improvements, an 'Include Cursor in Image' check box.

Would I be correct in suggesting that that the 'screen protractor' is some kind of TSR program that behaves, albeit interactively, in the same way as a cursor? If so this would be the feature I need. I appreciate your response so that I can decide whether to upgrade to the 'improved' version of the screen capture software.

david S-a
by David Santwyk-Anderson on May 14 2009 7:40pm Reply

Screen Capture

No it doesn't really. It's a transparent window. Sorry that your screen capture software does not work, we really can't advise about an upgrade because we don't know about that software or make it, I suggest you contact them.

Here's info on how to use the Windows Print Screen function:
http://www.entity.cc/ICON...screen.php
by Nico Westerdale on May 14 2009 7:45pm Reply

Screen Capture

Whew....lightning quick response!

Now that was informative and helpful!

I'm sorry, I hadn't recognised the relevance of your earlier comment on 'transparent windows'. Now I understand.......the protractor is in/on a transparent window!

The 'improved' software I mentioned appears to accommodate transparent windows whereas the earlier vsrsion doesn't! So that settles it!

Forget I mentioned TSR's etc, I'm trying to be too clever by half!

Many thanks for your assistance.
David S-A
Melbourne, Australia.

The link to Prt Scr is also useful, I could never understand that keyboard feature!
by David Santwyk-Anderson on May 14 2009 8:03pm Reply

Our Software Stores

IconicoAccurate Design and Development Software

BitsDuJourDiscount Deal Coupons for Windows and Mac Software Apps

Our Software Services

IcoBlogOur Official Blog

© copyright 2004-2024 Iconico, Inc. Code & Design. All Rights Reserved. Terms & Conditions Privacy Policy Terms of Use Login