ICONICO

Discussion Thread

Iconico.com General Software

Message Thread

Posted in the Iconico.com General Software Forum.

Disabling Proxy Server

hello

I am attempting to setup Locate PC software. It messages it does not support proxy server.

I am running Firefox browser and XP system. I also have ZoneAlarm.

I disabled my proxy server in under TOOLS in the Firefox menu. However, I am still getting the message indicating I am still running a proxy server, whenever I attempt to activate it.

Would someone please tell me what it is I have to do in order to disable my proxy, so LOCATE PC will work.

Thanks!
by The Kidd on Jul 24 2009 10:30am Reply

Disabling Proxy Server

The Proxy Server Setting in Firefox does not relate to how LocatePC works. If you use a proxy LocatePC will dot work.
by Nico Westerdale on Jul 24 2009 10:33am Reply

Disabling Proxy Server

OK. Would you tell me what proxy server setting does relate to how LocatePC works and how to disable it?

I am using a program called Foxy Proxy to surf anonymously. I have attempted to disable it under TOOLS. However, as I have mentioned, I am still getting the message from LocatePC that it will not work with a proxy server.
by The Kidd on Jul 24 2009 2:10pm Reply

Disabling Proxy Server

I've never used Foxy Proxy, but I'd advise disabling everything. Remember this is free software so we don't go out and test it with other applications to see how it interacts. If you're doing something non-standard then it probably wont work.
by Nico Westerdale on Jul 24 2009 3:23pm Reply

Disabling Proxy Server

First, what do you mean by disable everything? Second, it is disabling proxy server which is what I have been trying to do here. That has been the entire scope of this discussion and purpose for me being here.

There has got to be someone in this forum who has had the identical problem I am having. If you are that person and reading this, would you please provide useful information.

Here are 2 methods I have done so far neither works for me. However, perhaps someone may find this information useful and helpful to them.

METHOD 1

1. Disable FoxyProxy by setting it to "Completely disable FoxyProxy"
2. In Firefox, Open Tools-Preferences. Click the "Advanced" button then the "Network" tab. Click the "Settings" button and select "No proxy"

If I wanted to do this often, someone else said I can use FoxyProxy to quickly switch use of your proxy server on/off. Just toggle FoxyProxy between "disabled" mode and "Use Proxy XXXXXX for All URLs".

================
METHOD 2

To disable web proxy go to Start Settings Control Panel Internet Options Connections tab LAN Settings, and uncheck all boxes (proxy and auto detect).
Web Proxy servers help your ISP save bandwidth, however they often create problems for users, such as slow browsing and inability to connect to some secure servers.

To disable web proxy go to Start Settings Control Panel Internet Options Connections tab LAN Settings, and uncheck all boxes (proxy and auto detect).

the kidd
by the kidd on Jul 27 2009 9:27am Reply

Disabling Proxy Server

LocatePC does not use Firefox's or Internet Explorer's connection settings, so changing them will not work.

My comment referred to FoxyProxy, a piece of software I have not used, and I advised you to disable it.

Again LocatePC is free software so we don't test it interactions with other applicaitons.
by Nico Westerdale on Jul 27 2009 9:50am Reply

Our Software Stores

IconicoAccurate Design and Development Software

BitsDuJourDiscount Deal Coupons for Windows and Mac Software Apps

Our Software Services

IcoBlogOur Official Blog

© copyright 2004-2024 Iconico, Inc. Code & Design. All Rights Reserved. Terms & Conditions Privacy Policy Terms of Use Login