ICONICO

Discussion Thread

ColorPic

Message Thread

For WindowsColorPic

ColorPic iconOur Windows Color Picker tool has an inbuilt magnifier and allows you to save full palettes of colors.

Posted in the ColorPic Forum.

Use Colorpic as a non-administrator?

Hi,

I really enjoy your your program Colorpic 4.1.
But I have my windows XP pro set up in a way that I am running my normal programs with the least privileges.
But i had to set it up with Administrator. But now I get Access refused when I try to access patterns.xml.
Would be handy if that would be in my home directory so I could have the possibility to edit it. Now I need to run the program as Admin.
by Johan Jansen on Mar 1 2006 2:29am Reply

The ColorPic uses palettes.xml to store the color chip values that you save. If you simply grant access to the file C:\Program Files\ColorPic 4.1\palettes.xml for that user then you should be able to use the application without any problem.

Would this solution work for you?.
by Nico Westerdale on Mar 1 2006 7:53am Reply

Yes, i have used the ntfs system to grant access. But it is kinda ugly don't you think? It is a workaround, but would maybe be easy to implement. In that way could different designers have their own palletes :).
tnx.
by Johan Jansen on Mar 1 2006 8:27am Reply

I like the advantage that different users get a different palette file. We were considering updating the whole palettes section of the ColorPic in the next version, and I'll look into this when we do that. It's likley to be several months out at this point as we have more pressing concerns at the moment.
by Nico Westerdale on Mar 1 2006 10:20am Reply

Our Software Stores

IconicoAccurate Design and Development Software

BitsDuJourDiscount Deal Coupons for Windows and Mac Software Apps

Our Software Services

IcoBlogOur Official Blog

© copyright 2004-2024 Iconico, Inc. Code & Design. All Rights Reserved. Terms & Conditions Privacy Policy Terms of Use Login