ICONICO

Discussion Thread

ColorPic

Message Thread

For WindowsColorPic

ColorPic iconOur Windows Color Picker tool has an inbuilt magnifier and allows you to save full palettes of colors.

Posted in the ColorPic Forum.

Can't close ColorPic in Non-Admin-Account

Hello,

I'll work with ColorPic in an admin account (from where I installed ColorPic) and in an account without administrator authorisation at the same PC. In second case I can't close ColorPic because of the following error: "Cannot create file "C:\Programme\ColorPic 4.1\palettes.xml". Access denyed."

Due to missing properties I can't define another XML-file...
by A. Nonyma on Oct 11 2009 8:22am Reply

Yes you need to give that user rights to that folder
by Nico Westerdale on Oct 11 2009 11:28am Reply

Hello,

we are facing with the same issue "cannot create palettes.xml" when closing "ColorPic" being a non-admin-user on MS terminal server.

To have a 100% Microsoft Windows certificate App you need to move all ini files with user data to "users\<username>\appdata\..." profile folder. Write access to App folder is generally not fine!

Is there a way (for example using a parameter "-xmlfile=...") to move palettes.xml file to profile folder?

Friendly regards
Michael
by Michael Judek on Apr 28 2014 5:37am Reply

ColorPic has not been updated in years. Run it in Windows XP compatibility mode or as administrator.
by None Given on Jul 14 2014 2:32pm Reply

Our Software Stores

IconicoAccurate Design and Development Software

BitsDuJourDiscount Deal Coupons for Windows and Mac Software Apps

Our Software Services

IcoBlogOur Official Blog

© copyright 2004-2024 Iconico, Inc. Code & Design. All Rights Reserved. Terms & Conditions Privacy Policy Terms of Use Login