ICONICO

Discussion Thread

HTML Text Extractor

Message Thread

For WindowsHTML Text Extractor

HTML Text Extractor iconSimply extract HTML and Text from any webpage, even those that have been protected.

Posted in the HTML Text Extractor Forum.

HTML Text Extractor - erm, how does one extract text?

Pardon my ignorance, but I'm no expert on these matters and I'm having difficulty getting the program to do what I want it to. As indicated in the subject line, I need to extract the text from a webpage in order to translate it. However, having tried to do just that, I didn't get anywhere - only the site's subject headings appeared in the 'Extracted Text' box.
You advertise your programme to be just about failsafe, so what could the problem be? A bit more detail in the usage instructions wouldn't go amiss - for my $20 it'd be nice to know how to be able to use the thing properly.

Thanks,
Kenny
by Kenny Hermse on Nov 4 2009 9:47pm Reply

by Nico Westerdale on Nov 5 2009 11:27am Reply

I've seen all that and I understand the basic functions but, like I told you, the program isn't extracting the text like it should, just the subject headings when I need the entire textual content.
by Kenny Hermse on Nov 5 2009 7:43pm Reply

I was hoping to have received an answer by now. Look, the point is that the website I'm working with has unselectable text that I need to extract, hence why I turned to your software with its bold claims to be able to "blast through" all text encryptions. However, it's apparently failed to do just that in this case - like I told you, nothing appeared except the menu headings in the 'extracted text' box.

To be clear, I repeat that what I'm looking for is an explanation as to why the text isn't being extracted, or whether I'm missing something. If not, I'd like a refund on my purchase please.

Thanks
by Kenny Hermse on Nov 6 2009 4:10pm Reply

Kenny, the text should be shown in the tabs at the bottom. What URL are you working with, maybe I can take a look?
by Nico Westerdale on Nov 6 2009 4:46pm Reply

Please - the URL is greenperu.com

Thanks
by Kenny on Nov 10 2009 8:39pm Reply

The site is Flash, so the text can't be extracted.
by Nico Westerdale on Nov 11 2009 10:52am Reply

Can you suggest a way to extract text from a flash site?
by Kenny on Nov 11 2009 2:46pm Reply

I don't think there is a way, sorry!
by Nico Westerdale on Nov 11 2009 3:27pm Reply

Ok, thanks for your help anyway. My mistake - I didn't realise that flash would make a difference.
by Kenny on Nov 12 2009 2:21pm Reply

Our Software Stores

IconicoAccurate Design and Development Software

BitsDuJourDiscount Deal Coupons for Windows and Mac Software Apps

Our Software Services

IcoBlogOur Official Blog

© copyright 2004-2024 Iconico, Inc. Code & Design. All Rights Reserved. Terms & Conditions Privacy Policy Terms of Use Login