ICONICO

Discussion Thread

ColorPic

Message Thread

For WindowsColorPic

ColorPic iconOur Windows Color Picker tool has an inbuilt magnifier and allows you to save full palettes of colors.

Posted in the ColorPic Forum.

saving palette

Good program, however I'm missing an option to save the palettes. I realize that I can go to the palettes.xml file, but it doesn't store RGB and CMYK colour values which is what I need for be able to specify for print jobs. This brings me to the second points: It doens't show the CMYK colour, meaning that I have to use another program to convert the colours.
In short: Reporting and exporting (to simple ASCII format) RGB and CMYK (plus HLS) colours would make this program fantastic.
Regards,
Peter
by Peter on May 2 2006 3:10pm Reply

saving palette

Peter,

The Palettes for ColorPic are automatically saved, there's no need to do anything extra. Try adding a new palette and you will see your sdaved colors saved when you reopen ColorPic.

We do dsiplay CMKY values in the 'Mixer' section of ColorPic. HSL and RGB values are also displayed and you can select a color chip to display the values.

I suspect that you may be using an older copy, so please take a look at our latest version which has all these features.
by Nico Westerdale on May 2 2006 3:19pm Reply

saving palette

Thanks for the fast reply Nick.

I actually do have the latest version but didn't see the CMYK colours (which you call CMYB), since I expected them to be located together with the HSL and RGB colours with the same possibilities to enter values manually (btw: you can enter non-numeric values in these).

Regarding the saving then I wasn't precise enough. I meant saving to a file. What I need is to user the RGB values (and in other cases the CMYK values) as simple ASCII formatted list of values (one row for each colour in the palette). I obviously don't expect that a application like yours can export the exact format that I need, but as long as it is some kind of ASCII/XML format then I can use macros (in editors like UltraEdit) to format it correctly. Vital however is it that the exported values are in simple RGB or CMYK numeric values and not hexadecimal values as saved in your 'palettes.xml' file.
I do realize that you can't modify your application just because of me, but I just wanted to let you know anyway since I think you have created a very nice tool and I wish I could use it.

Kind regards, Peter
by Peter on May 2 2006 11:47pm Reply

saving palette

I see what you're trying to do now. I guess we would call that an export rather than a save, and it's certainly possible. The only thing is that we're very busy with other development projects right now, but I'll bear it in mind for future versions.

We had also thought about exporting palettes for use in Photoshop and other applications, so this would make sense to be doen togther.

I'll certainly look into it next time we do an update. Also I should mention if you really can't wait we do undertake consulting work. If interested then please contact me off-list.

Thanks again for the suggestions.
by Nico Westerdale on May 3 2006 9:14am Reply

Our Software Stores

IconicoAccurate Design and Development Software

BitsDuJourDiscount Deal Coupons for Windows and Mac Software Apps

Our Software Services

IcoBlogOur Official Blog

© copyright 2004-2024 Iconico, Inc. Code & Design. All Rights Reserved. Terms & Conditions Privacy Policy Terms of Use Login