ICONICO

Discussion Thread

Screen Tracing Paper

Message Thread

For WindowsScreen Tracing Paper

Screen Tracing Paper iconTransparent blueprint software for your computer screen that allows you to trace and measure over any application.

Posted in the Screen Tracing Paper Forum.

Can you save the "traced" images

A list of features would be a nice thing to add to your site. After an image is traced, can it be saved? If so, in what formats?
by Doug Hudiburg on Aug 17 2006 2:58pm Reply

Saving images is something that we've considered but not put in yet. I'd imagine a lot of people will be wanting to export the image as a bitmap. The question is if the background should be saved with the image or not.

For now you can save the image of the sheets simply by pressing the 'Print Screen' key on your keyboard, then opening up a blank image in Photoshop or any paint appliation and pressing Ctrl + V to paste the desktop image.

At the moment the details are all saved to an XML file which is located here:
C:\Program Files\Screen Tracing Paper 1.0\sheets.xml
If you need to import the measurement data to some other application it should be possible for a programmer to do so by reading that file.

I'll get working on a list of features for the site.
by Nico Westerdale on Aug 17 2006 3:10pm Reply

I find this to be a rather cumbersome way to save the image. The PrintScreen image saves everything, not just the trace image. Sort of defeats the purpose of this nice neat program.
by Kay Tien on Aug 17 2006 8:10pm Reply

I've updated the application and added a bitmap export button so you no longer have to do a 'Print Screen'. The image does save the background, although you can just up the transparency of the background to avoid this. Let me know if you would like any other exporting features.

If you download again you'll see the latest changes.

Also in this update is a background grid in the dropdown and tooltip popups over the points and shapes.
by Nico Westerdale on Aug 18 2006 12:15pm Reply

Thank you for the update. The export function works well enough. Not to be picky but for $29.95, you might want to consider adding other formats such as png, jpg and gif. Also, for the color-fill field, it might be nice if one can put different colors into different shapes.

by Kay Tien on Aug 18 2006 12:45pm Reply

You'll be happy to know we've added support for exporting the traced image as a .PNG file. The transparency settings are maintained in the PNG file, so this should cover a host of different situations when you need to get the graphics exported.
by Nico Westerdale on Aug 21 2006 4:52pm Reply

Our Software Stores

IconicoAccurate Design and Development Software

BitsDuJourDiscount Deal Coupons for Windows and Mac Software Apps

Our Software Services

IcoBlogOur Official Blog

© copyright 2004-2024 Iconico, Inc. Code & Design. All Rights Reserved. Terms & Conditions Privacy Policy Terms of Use Login