ICONICO

Discussion Thread

Screen Tracing Paper

Message Thread

For WindowsScreen Tracing Paper

Screen Tracing Paper iconTransparent blueprint software for your computer screen that allows you to trace and measure over any application.

Posted in the Screen Tracing Paper Forum.

Background Working Surface

It would be helpful to have a background grid as well as the existing Snake, White, etc. Grid spacing could be scaled to screen resolution in use.
by Leonard Levin on Aug 17 2006 4:22pm Reply

That's a very interesting idea. We've actually been toying with the idea of making a Screen Grid and Screen Guides application, seperate from Screen Tracing Paper.

I can see the value of having a grid in the background, I'm a little unsure to your comment that the "spacing could be scaled to screen resolution". What exactly are you envisioning here, could you give me an example?
by Nico Westerdale on Aug 17 2006 4:27pm Reply

Just that, as screen resolution might differ, esp on laptops, the grid spacing default could remain fixed with respect to, say, desktop icon lower left corner spacing when autoarrange is chosen. That would ease use as users alter screen resolution for, say, blowing up images. In other words, a fixed pixel spacing across different dpi resolutions.
by Leonard Levin on Aug 17 2006 4:31pm Reply

I've updated the application and added a grid to the choices in the background dropdown. It's a static image with markers based on pixels.

If you download again you'll see the latest changes.

Also in this update is a bitmap export button and tooltip popups over the points and shapes.
by Nico Westerdale on Aug 18 2006 12:11pm Reply

Thanks! I will re-download.
by Len Levin on Aug 18 2006 2:17pm Reply

Our Software Stores

IconicoAccurate Design and Development Software

BitsDuJourDiscount Deal Coupons for Windows and Mac Software Apps

Our Software Services

IcoBlogOur Official Blog

© copyright 2004-2024 Iconico, Inc. Code & Design. All Rights Reserved. Terms & Conditions Privacy Policy Terms of Use Login