ICONICO

Discussion Thread

ColorPop

Message Thread

Developer ComponentFor All BrowsersFor FirefoxFor Internet ExplorerColor Pop

Color Pop iconThe pop-up color picker control for webpages. Let your website visitors pick a color in a snap.

Posted in the ColorPop Forum.

COLOR POP FOR WEBSITES

We are interested in using the mini color pop. But when the color is selected, we'd like to automatically fire an event. So once you click Set Color, we want a color of a box elsewhere on our screen to change to that color. We do this now with a JS color picker. Can we do this with yours or do we have to use a SHOW ME button like fonts.com does in order to see the changes?

Also... is there any user guide or documentation other than what is online? If you can post your reply and email me, that would be great.

thank you.

Eric
by Eric W on Aug 19 2006 5:26pm Reply

COLOR POP FOR WEBSITES

You can quite easily fire an event when the color is selected. All you need to do is edit the colorpop.js file which comes in the downlaod file.

You can add extra lines to the getColour() function to do whatever you want.

Let me know if you need help.
by Nico Westerdale on Aug 19 2006 7:44pm Reply

COLOR POP FOR WEBSITES

Hope I explain this correctly. I too need to change colors on the webpage based on what color I choose from colorPop.

I have many functions that change various text and link colors, here is one of them...

function chg_blinkc (color) {
document.getElementById('link01a').style.color = color;
document.getElementById('link01b').style.color = color;
}
(color needs to have the # in it too)

Please help me, this is driving me nutz, I have tried where I invoke colorPop by using onChange and none of that works.

Thanks,
Doug
by Doug C on Aug 23 2009 8:16am Reply

COLOR POP FOR WEBSITES

Find this line in the colorpop.js file:
function setColour(hex) {

Then add in your code after it, something like this:
document.getElementById('link01a').style.color = '#'+hex;
document.getElementById('link01b').style.color = '#'+hex;
by Nico Westerdale on Aug 24 2009 1:03pm Reply

Our Software Stores

IconicoAccurate Design and Development Software

BitsDuJourDiscount Deal Coupons for Windows and Mac Software Apps

Our Software Services

IcoBlogOur Official Blog

© copyright 2004-2024 Iconico, Inc. Code & Design. All Rights Reserved. Terms & Conditions Privacy Policy Terms of Use Login