ICONICO

Discussion Thread

SeaGreen

Message Thread

For WindowsSeaGreen

SeaGreen iconCreate Online Forms, Databases and Admin Modules with Zero Programming

Posted in the SeaGreen Forum.

FAQ: I can't see my form; My form doesn't work.

Problem:

You can't see your form (the webpage is blank) or the form doesn't seem to work properly.

Solution:

If you are having problems using or viewing your form, first check the following:

1. Is PHP (4.4.0 or higher) and MySQL (4.0 or higher) installed on the server that hosts your form?
2. Did you use the correct host name for your database? The default is "localhost" but not all web hosting companies use this name.
3. When you created a user for your database, did you give that user permissions to write to the database you are using?
4. Check to make sure the database name, username and password are correct for your database.
by Constantin Florea on Jun 13 2010 1:00pm Reply

I still get a blanks screen and I checked all the parameters you noted.  I do see the db in my control panel, but no table was created.  The server has mysql 4.1, php4.4.1, and the local host is correct.  The user name is also correct and has all rights.  

Any ideas?
by Bernard A on Jun 30 2010 10:29am Reply

You mean you see a blank page after you publish the form and try viewing it online?

How many fields does your form have?

by Monique on Jul 3 2010 5:53pm Reply

Hello,

Yes, the page comes up, but it is a blank.  i do not get an error on the page, such as page not found, or no permissions to view.  I get a blank page.  I only have 2 fields as I am testing this software.  I really want to buy it as soon as I can get it working.  Also, there is not table created in the database.
by BERNARD A on Jul 3 2010 6:59pm Reply

Can you post the URL to your form? That might help us troubleshoot the probleem.
by Monique on Jul 7 2010 11:24pm Reply

Can you post the URL to your form? That might help us troubleshoot the problem.
by Monique on Jul 7 2010 11:24pm Reply

by Bernard on Jul 7 2010 11:31pm Reply

Ok! That is strange... but does help me know how to proceed from here:

First question - Is your form a stand-alone form or is it merged with an html file or template?
by Monique on Jul 9 2010 12:45pm Reply

it is a stand alone. 
by Bernard A on Jul 9 2010 12:58pm Reply

After some extensive troubleshooting of this issue, it was determined that the problem most likely resulted from a form publish path which had a "." in the URL (e.g., public_html/userdomain.com/).
by Monique on Jul 12 2010 2:18pm Reply

Hello,  I ended up getting this up an running once I figured out the issue.  It appears it was an issue with my host and how they had a "." in the file names that were published (ie myname.com was how they named the folders).  I signed up with hostgator.com and within an hour i was able to get an account created, create the mysql db, and load the form web page.  It is working now and i am happy!
by Bernard A on Jul 31 2010 1:14pm Reply

That's great news! Thanks for sharing.
by Monique on Jul 31 2010 5:02pm Reply

Our Software Stores

IconicoAccurate Design and Development Software

BitsDuJourDiscount Deal Coupons for Windows and Mac Software Apps

Our Software Services

IcoBlogOur Official Blog

© copyright 2004-2024 Iconico, Inc. Code & Design. All Rights Reserved. Terms & Conditions Privacy Policy Terms of Use Login