ICONICO

Discussion Thread

LocatePC

Message Thread

For WindowsLocatePC

LocatePC iconProtect your laptop and desktop PC from theft with LocatePC, the Free software security tool for windows.

Posted in the LocatePC Forum.

how do you remove this software

i installed locatepc on my machine about 2 weeks ago. it was kinda neat, so i went to tweak the settings. it asks for my password which is 112233. then it tells me wrong password. i saw a post about reinstalling to correct that but i get a password box. i cant find it to unistall it. now i want it off.
by Heath on Nov 1 2007 10:15am Reply

We post a big big warning about forgetting your password, which is that we cannot retrieve it for you. If it could be reset then a theif could reset it and make LocatePC totally useless. We don't have a way for you to reset it, all I can suggest is that you typed it incorrectly.
by Nico Westerdale on Nov 1 2007 10:33am Reply

yeah well, when you come into a new job and the old guy doesnt leave a password list its kinda hard to remember passwords you didnt set on the machine

so basically, theres no way to remove it short of a wipe and reload? thats utter crap.
by on Nov 21 2007 2:24pm Reply

It's a security product. If it had a button that bypassed the password then it's wouldn't do it's job. Again we post a big warning when it's set up. I suggest you contact the person who put the software on in the first place.
by Nico Westerdale on Nov 21 2007 2:48pm Reply

find the executable file in the following path C:\WINDOWS\wddsys.exe use a free program called unlocker to unlock and delete--reboot pc---run locatepc installer --instal the program and retype new password-- then you can either keep the program --or uninstal it by using the new password-- my pasword didnt work either and the executable file name had changed to cm?? somthing or other--but the locatepc icon is the one you want to unlock and delete
by bill livvingstone on Dec 15 2007 5:53am Reply

Hello,

i can't find the file wddsys.exe on my Computer. What should i do now?

Thank you!
by Werner Nentwig on May 27 2008 3:38am Reply

wddsys.exe is one of the names the executable file uses--nortinf.exe another--it can be called anything .exe but as i explained --find the executable file in this path C/windows --this files icon is the locate pc one --(a monitor with a magnifying glass in front)--hover the cursor over this file and windows will show what it is description locate pc etc --this is the file that you will have to remove -it wont delete because it is in use so has to be unlocked and deleted as stated earlier--
by bill livingstone on May 27 2008 4:43am Reply

Our Software Stores

IconicoAccurate Design and Development Software

BitsDuJourDiscount Deal Coupons for Windows and Mac Software Apps

Our Software Services

IcoBlogOur Official Blog

© copyright 2004-2024 Iconico, Inc. Code & Design. All Rights Reserved. Terms & Conditions Privacy Policy Terms of Use Login