ICONICO

Discussion Thread

Iconico.com General Software

Message Thread

Posted in the Iconico.com General Software Forum.

Uninstall View Source

Using IE 6, whenever I view source it always asks for the location of ViewSource; after giving it, nothing happens. Using View again requests same address, which I give it. For now I think I'd like to uninstall the product. How do I do that? (It doesn't show on Control Panels remove software). Thanks in advance.
by Jack Lewin on Aug 29 2005 12:39pm Reply

Uninstall View Source

Sorry you're having probelms with the application. If you point the application to a .exe file then it should open it just fine. Any error will be because it can't find that file.

There is no uninstal for the application becuase there is no instal. All you need to do is delete the application.
by Nico Westerdale on Aug 29 2005 12:51pm Reply

Uninstall View Source

Thanks for your quick response. Yes, after deleting the app, using the view for source (in IE 6) brings up the Debugger Window for Visual Studio 2003 (in other words, it crashes). I have pointed at the "exe" multiple times, but every time I try to view source it brings up the same dialog. I'd love to use your product. Do you suppose Visual Studio .NET 2003 has some conflict with your product?
by Jack Lewin on Aug 30 2005 9:52am Reply

Uninstall View Source

It seems to work fine for me, I'm not sure how you're system is configured but it sounds like a problem on Visual Studio's end if it's crashing all the time.
by Nico Westerdale on Jan 19 2006 2:38pm Reply

Uninstall View Source

Thanks for your quick response. Yes, after deleting the app, using the view for source (in IE 6) brings up the Debugger Window for Visual Studio 2003 (in other words, it crashes). I have pointed at the "exe" multiple times, but every time I try to view source it brings up the same dialog. I'd love to use your product. Do you suppose Visual Studio .NET 2003 has some conflict with your product?
by Jack Lewin on Aug 30 2005 9:52am Reply

Uninstall View Source

Jack,

I just tried pointing it at:

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2003\Common7\IDE\devenv.exe

and everything looks fine to me. I don't see any reason it should conflict. Have you tried a restart, perhapse Vis Studio is misbehaving.
by Nico Westerdale on Aug 30 2005 10:22am Reply

Uninstall View Source

Jack,

Open up the registry (Start, Run, regedit)

Navigate to the following key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\ Software\ Microsoft\ Internet Explorer\

Here you need to delete(folder) called "View Source Editor", this will solve your problem.
by on Jan 19 2006 2:28pm Reply

Uninstall View Source

Greetings...

Well, I am having the same problem as this user...

View Source will not accept any .exe path that I enter, including, WordPad.exe. WinWord.exe, NotePad.exe, using both upper and lower case.
Therefore, I cannot open and use the program. So what is a valid path?

It appears to some, that for stupid users such as myself, there should be some mention somewhere on this website outlining the procedures for an easy install for this software product.
This is not an easy install, actually time consuming and frustrating...
In addition, there is no uninstall!, but the user must RegEdit!
If this is the case for all of your software, I could not possibly make a purchase...

Regards, Joe
by Joe Smith on Mar 1 2007 12:07pm Reply

Our Software Stores

IconicoAccurate Design and Development Software

BitsDuJourDiscount Deal Coupons for Windows and Mac Software Apps

Our Software Services

IcoBlogOur Official Blog

© copyright 2004-2024 Iconico, Inc. Code & Design. All Rights Reserved. Terms & Conditions Privacy Policy Terms of Use Login