ICONICO

Discussion Thread

LookDisk

Message Thread

For WindowsLookDisk

LookDisk iconUltimate searching for files and folders on your system.

Posted in the LookDisk Forum.

Search text, but in which file types?

Congratulations on LookDisk !

However, I find it unlucky that Iconico only writes that LookDisk can search for text in files, but does not tell which file types this includes. Can it really search the text inside .RTF, .PDF and .DOC files? If the answer is NO, this would be my first feature request, but if the answer is YES, you really should tell in the praises!

Also it is not good that a new program in year 2008 doesn't claim to support Vista!
by xCurt on Jun 16 2008 9:03am Reply

Hi Curt,

Glad that you like LookDisk (I'm the author).

In the current version LookDisk can only find text within 'plain' textfiles and PDFs but not within RTF/DOC. To be precise it will find text within RTF/DOC as long as it's not formatted text (e.g. in bold or italic) as the text would be interspersed with formatting characters. Nevertheless, support for RTF/DOC is something I'm planning to implement soon.
As for Vista support, unfortunately it's not a straightforward port from XP so that might take a longer...

Regards,
Vincenzo
by Vincenzo Iuorno on Jun 16 2008 10:24am Reply

You'll be happy to know that we've just released version 4.1 of LookDisk that supports searching for text in Office documents. You can serach for any text in .DOC or .RFT files along with plain text files.

This feature is only available for Windows 2000 or later and not for Windows 95 or 98, but we still have the old version available for download.
by Nico Westerdale on Jun 25 2008 7:25pm Reply

Our Software Stores

IconicoAccurate Design and Development Software

BitsDuJourDiscount Deal Coupons for Windows and Mac Software Apps

Our Software Services

IcoBlogOur Official Blog

© copyright 2004-2024 Iconico, Inc. Code & Design. All Rights Reserved. Terms & Conditions Privacy Policy Terms of Use Login