ICONICO

Discussion Thread

UniToolbox

Message Thread

Developer ComponentFor WindowsUniToolbox

UniToolbox iconThe leading control suite for Unicode development in Visual Basic.

Posted in the UniToolbox Forum.

FAQ: Characters do not appear as expected in UniToolbox controls

We have a VB application which has to run on a Japanese Windows 2000 system. I have added the acutal version of the UniToolbox to my application. When I try to enter some characters on a Japanese Windows 2000 I could not see the characters. I only see some spaces. The characters are in the textbox, because I could copy them to Notepad and than see the right characters.

This issue arises because the font that is currently set for the controls in question does not support the required characters. To solve the problem specify a font that supports the correct characters - in this instance, Japanese script characters. Arial Unicode MS, supplied as part of Office 2000, is a good choice for most Unicode character ranges. You should also find that suitable fonts are installed on your system when you add the language support components to Windows through the Regional and Language Options control panel applet.
by Nico Westerdale on Jan 2 2009 2:44pm Reply

Our Software Stores

IconicoAccurate Design and Development Software

BitsDuJourDiscount Deal Coupons for Windows and Mac Software Apps

Our Software Services

IcoBlogOur Official Blog

© copyright 2004-2024 Iconico, Inc. Code & Design. All Rights Reserved. Terms & Conditions Privacy Policy Terms of Use Login