ICONICO

Discussion Thread

Screen Calipers

Message Thread

For WindowsScreen Calipers

Screen Calipers iconThe accurate way to measure on a screen, at any angle in pixels, inches or any unit.

Posted in the Screen Calipers Forum.

How to display units?

I recently bought the screen measurement pack for Macs and have enjoyed seeing how it can be used.

My question relates to display of units.

If I set the units to say "inches" or something else, the numbers shown on any skin I've tried are just absolute numbers - there's no where on the display which can show what the unit of measurement is (that I can find.)

On my digital calipers, for example, it shows units in inches or millimeters right on the LCD display. I really need something like that, otherwise, I would need to annotate all my screens with the extra "units are in yards", or "units are in millimeters."

I'd rather have the instrument itself show the unit either on the numeric display or perhaps on the ruled slider somewhere.

Is there an option for showing what measurement units are applied?
by Landon Cox on Mar 23 2009 12:30pm Reply

How to display units?

It's currently not shown on the display. On a PC it's shown in the Taskbar, but the Mac does not have that functionality. So the easiest way is to right-click and select the units menu if you forget which one is selected.
by Nico Westerdale on Mar 23 2009 12:33pm Reply

Our Software Stores

IconicoAccurate Design and Development Software

BitsDuJourDiscount Deal Coupons for Windows and Mac Software Apps

Our Software Services

IcoBlogOur Official Blog

© copyright 2004-2024 Iconico, Inc. Code & Design. All Rights Reserved. Terms & Conditions Privacy Policy Terms of Use Login