ICONICO

Discussion Thread

Screen Tracing Paper

Message Thread

For WindowsScreen Tracing Paper

Screen Tracing Paper iconTransparent blueprint software for your computer screen that allows you to trace and measure over any application.

Posted in the Screen Tracing Paper Forum.

Exporting

Export of traced image to .png might be nice, instead of a type like .bmp. Looking forward to the first update!
by Jefferson Maxwell on Aug 18 2006 7:06am Reply

Exporting

A .png might be very nice, that way the transparency could be kept. I'll see what we can do, the next update should not be too far away so stay tuned.
by Nico Westerdale on Aug 18 2006 7:28am Reply

Exporting

Actually for most engineers, and myself a landscape architect, export to a cad file would be great. I can scan a piece of trace paper in and do this in AutoCad but taping it to the screen and having it scaled already would save some time and hassle. Until then, I don't see it as a very usefull utility but it definatly has potential.
by Geoff Brady on Aug 18 2006 7:30am Reply

Exporting

That's very interesting Geoff, and another use that I would not have thought off. You're actually talking about taping a real piece of tracing paper over a computer screen and using our software to trace what's on it.

I'll look into how to export an auto-cad file format, I'm sure it's something that we can do.
by Nico Westerdale on Aug 18 2006 7:37am Reply

Exporting

Yea a real piece of trace. I thought that's what the application was for, how funny.
by Geoff Brady on Aug 18 2006 8:34am Reply

Exporting

I've extended the Export function so that there is now an option to save as a vector file. The file format is .dxf, which is pretty straightforward. I've tested this with importing into Adobe Illustrator and it seems to work.

I'm not actually very familiar with AutoCAD, I took a look at the trial and it seems to read in the vectors but please let me know if you experience any problems and I'll check again.

If you download the application again you should see the update after clicking the 'Export' button.
by Nico Westerdale on Aug 18 2006 3:17pm Reply

Exporting

With the exporting to DXF you are on the right track for us AutoCAD users. I tried exporting to DXF and opening in Illustrator - all I got was the actual text file - no graphics. In AutoCAD when I open, I get nothing except the borders - no image. I say keep at it though.
by Jon Puskarich on May 20 2007 6:01am Reply

Exporting

The App may be too intuitive, or I am blind.
I just downloaded and installed the latest version that was to be able to export as .bmp, Looking at the entire GUI; I can not find any way to SAVE or EXPORT anything.
Please advise?

As an aside, .png is ALWAYS desired over .bmp; not to mention being able to export to .stl, .obj, etc. for actual real life use for drafting...3D prototypes...
As many truly useful formats the App can export as... the better.

PLEASE do make the GUI at least a bit more intuitive with the layout of tools/actions... especially SAVE/SAVE AS etc.
I am grateful... as a LONG time user of many of your Apps.
Jefferson
by Jefferson Maxwell on Aug 18 2006 1:14pm Reply

Exporting

I think you must have an old version as you should see an obvious 'Export' button in the Tools section. If you don't mind downloading again you should see the update. Please make sure you uninstal the previous version when prompted.

I'm working on expanding the export functions as we speak, I'm hoping for another update in a few hours.
by Nico Westerdale on Aug 18 2006 1:26pm Reply

Exporting- with site proper/ not purchased link

Thanks, I had downloaded from the purchase link- not the site proper.
Will explore, thanks... Jefferson
by Jefferson Maxwell on Aug 18 2006 1:41pm Reply

Exporting

I've updated the application and added a bitmap export, let me know how this works for you and if a .png is necessary or not.

If you download again you'll see the latest changes.

Also in this update is a background grid in the dropdown and tooltip popups over the points and shapes.
by Nico Westerdale on Aug 18 2006 12:09pm Reply

Our Software Stores

IconicoAccurate Design and Development Software

BitsDuJourDiscount Deal Coupons for Windows and Mac Software Apps

Our Software Services

IcoBlogOur Official Blog

© copyright 2004-2024 Iconico, Inc. Code & Design. All Rights Reserved. Terms & Conditions Privacy Policy Terms of Use Login